• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not exactly a fan of getting bit!

Cassius

New Kit
Hi all

I will start at the beginning and give you some background..

I have two rabbits, Bigwig (Buck) and Silver (Doe) (I went for watership down names). They are both 8 months old. Both have been seperarated for some time due to Bigwigs back injury and him being neutered. So he's spent plenty of time in the house with the family whilst recovering. And he's turned out to be a great family pet. Once he recovered, I brought Silver in so I could keep her indoors whilst she got used to humans and other animals as well as to re intoduce her to Bigwig. Whilst she was inside and Bigwig outdoors, she supprisingly gave birth to four babies. Thats when the biting first started. I can understand that she was protective, and this biting did stop a few weeks into the births. However, both adults are back together now and have been for a few days and she has started to attempt to bite me again as well as biting Bigwig on occasions. She growls and thumps alot too when I go near her. Ive tried to handle her as much as I can, and I know neutering her may help, but what else can i do to avoid her becoming aggressive?

Back