• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is banana skin dangerous?

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
I brought the shopping in, put half of it on the living room floor and took the other half through to the kitchen to unpack.... Came back through to realise I'd left a bag with bananas in on the floor!

They'd dragged a bunch of seven bananas a few feet across the room to their "area" and were happily munching on one! They've eaten about 1-2 inches of skin and banana between them!

They get banana on the odd occasion anyway so that's ok, but I've never given then skin... Any reason it'd be bad for them??

I'm feeling very stupid for forgetting which bag the bananas were in! And leaving them in front of two bunnies who were already pestering me for dinner, I was just asking for trouble really :roll:

Only for slipping on

:lol::lol::lol:

I don't very often feed banana now but always used to give them a slice with the skin on.

I bet the bunnies were hugely miffed that you discovered them so quickly! :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I don't very often feed banana now but always used to give them a slice with the skin on.

I bet the bunnies were hugely miffed that you discovered them so quickly! :lol::lol:

They were mainly miffed that I hadn't fed them already, I went to unpack fridge items before feeding them, despite them both running to me when I walked in the door :oops: they are convinced I starve them!

I replaced the removed banana with their dinners, they were delighted phew, so no grumpy bunnies :lol:

I think I'll give them skin with their occasional banana from now on now I know that they like it and it's safe :D

They were mainly miffed that I hadn't fed them already, I went to unpack fridge items before feeding them, despite them both running to me when I walked in the door :oops: they are convinced I starve them!

:shock::shock: Shocking! How could you put your shopping before their dinner...... ;):lol::lol:

Oh this is good to know I always just assumed they shouldn't have it. When I go out with a banana to the bunnies I cut the bits off and they in such excitement for it they jump up and bite the skin but now i'll know to let them have it

I sometimes give banana skin to my GPs but I always wash it first and it has to be nice and yellow. Typical bunnies - they love pinching food!

Back