• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sudden rabbit screaming

TickTock

Alpha Buck
We were bonding a group of 10 today. Everything was going well; everyone huddling, small grooming but everyone very uncomfortable with the situation. Suddenly Mochi just started randomly screaming! It wasn't even a long drawn out scream but more like... say a car alarm! It went on for about 15 seconds. will her 'looping' the scream. No-one was hurting her at all! She wet the area very badly. Could it of been a nightmare?

I have now a very shaken group and one terrifed rabbit. I don't know what to do or what caused it....

edit: Mochi since calmed down and we've returned rabbits to their groups. Everyone seems fine if a little shaken

Last edited:
Mochi is fine today as is everyone else. I'm still not sure why she started screaming last night. She was doing some grooming and getting groomed but since its first time being all together since I removed the boys for spaying none of the buns were too happy.

After giving her a cuddle and checking her I returned her to the groom while we got ready to spilt them. Mochi seemed fine then. All I can think of is that she was sleeping (since she was very still) and had a nightmare. Ive had her brother scream in his sleep once so..

TBH I'm still confused over the whole thing

I only heard a rabbit scream once when bonding a group. I backed off for ages with the bonding as it is a sound you never want to hear again. They are all together now that is another story.

Hows her eyesight? The only bun I've had who screamed was blind and would startle very easily. I gave up on the first bond I tried him with as one bun was far to active and was constantly spooking him with her bunny 500's.

I only heard a rabbit scream once when bonding a group. I backed off for ages with the bonding as it is a sound you never want to hear again. They are all together now that is another story.

I agree - heard it once and never want to hear it again.

Back