• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are they hungry?

tashp90

Warren Veteran
Maizie and Daisy have 24 hour access to hay, they get pellets in the morning and evening (they're very active and only babies) and get veggies around midday. They've learnt where their pellets are kept and keep going over the the drawer, and they also follow me into the kitchen every time I go in there and seemingly beg for food. When I sit back down, they seem to expect me to have something for them to munch on. I don't know whether they are actually hungry, or just sort of skulking for food, and I don't want to over feed them, or get them used to getting food on demand. Should I just carry on their routine, as if they're hungry, surely they'd eat the hay?

Maizie and Daisy have 24 hour access to hay, they get pellets in the morning and evening (they're very active and only babies) and get veggies around midday. They've learnt where their pellets are kept and keep going over the the drawer, and they also follow me into the kitchen every time I go in there and seemingly beg for food. When I sit back down, they seem to expect me to have something for them to munch on. I don't know whether they are actually hungry, or just sort of skulking for food, and I don't want to over feed them, or get them used to getting food on demand. Should I just carry on their routine, as if they're hungry, surely they'd eat the hay?

Rabbits will eat what you give them, constantly if allowed. You are right to restrict pellet availibility. Its like kids with sweetrs, they arent hungry but that wont stop them eating them. Make sure they have loads of fresh green hay and if they are hungry they'll much that

Rabbits will eat what you give them, constantly if allowed. You are right to restrict pellet availibility. Its like kids with sweetrs, they arent hungry but that wont stop them eating them. Make sure they have loads of fresh green hay and if they are hungry they'll much that

Thank you, I thought that was the case, just wanted to make sure that they were getting enough. I guess they've just become cheeky with their begging and getting excited every time I'm in the kitchen :lol:

:lol::lol:

Oh yes, rabbits can be quite good at pretending they're starving if they think you'll give them something tasty.

:lol::lol:

Oh yes, rabbits can be quite good at pretending they're starving if they think you'll give them something tasty.

They've started following my everywhere! They come running every time I move,.its quite comical :lol:

Ooooo they'd love that! They get so excited when I go to the pellet bag, doesn't matter where they are, they coming running over as soon as they hear it!

Baby buns can have unlimited pellets up to 7 months before restricting them :wave:

Oops.mine have been on restricted since we got them and are about to turn seven months. Probably won't unrestricted for a week. They're on unlimited hay and grass though and some veggies so they'll live

More than happy to share my babies :D although I never have a phone yo hand when they do funny things :(

uremudym.jpg

Pellet o'clock last night :lol:

he6ebu4e.jpg

Maizie licking my pj trousers after pellet o'clock

aquma6ar.jpg

Daisy wasn't sure about the carrot

zu2ube5e.jpg

"If we hide under the sofa, they won't know it was us who pooped on the floor"

puvu3u4y.jpg

Daisy after running laps of the living room for 10 minutes :lol:

yvy9ymeq.jpg

They love kale :)!

Oops.mine have been on restricted since we got them and are about to turn seven months. Probably won't unrestricted for a week. They're on unlimited hay and grass though and some veggies so they'll live

Mine would have been restricted if.I hadn't been told that :lol: i still won't give them a buffet of pellets though, if I do they'll stop eating hay :rolleyes:

Back