• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Desperate to be fed!

Zingaling85

Warren Scout
My bunny Sundae who is eight this year is a serious foody!

He just loves food, and is always hungry! He is normal weight and in good health. But everytime I go outside to feed him he gets so frantic! he chews at the bars on his door, scratches the wood, thumps and jumps around.

Its getting to the point where I am worried he is going to hurt himself. He gets unlimited access to hay( timothy hay), a small handful of science selective in the morning and then again in the afternoon. He also gets a handful of greens in the evening.

From what I have seen and read on this site I dont think I am underfeeding him!

I guess he just associates me with food but even going out to see him multiple times during the day for cuddles etc (he really is a lovely bunny) hasnt calmed him down.

I just wondered if anyone else has come across this behaviour before? I can try and take a video this evening if that would help....

I think he sounds like a normal bunny at pellet time, my lot are frantic :lol: even when I take the hay in Dandy sometimes leaps into the bag when I'm trying to get it out, yet they never run out of it in their racks and trays. He used to be such a nervous bun too :thumb:

I think most rabbits are greedy for pellets! Mine get an eggcupful each a day - but I'm quite sure that if I were to give them a huge bowl of pellets, they would eat the lot. If you gradually cut down his pellets perhaps this would encourage him to eat more hay, keep him occupied, and keep him satisfied.

Yeh Millie and Maddie go mental at food time and run into furniture and each other to get to where the food is! We have fenugreek crunchie time on the sofa and it's only a matter of time before I'm going to sit on one of them they go so crazy in circles :lol:

Back