• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When administering medicine and a rabbit wees on you ...

Angie B

Wise Old Thumper
... is it through anxiety or just that they're generally annoyed? Or possibly a bit of both?

The scenario: I'd just taken the litter tray away to empty/refill it. Thumper goes to that corner, does a poo and a wee (I watched her do it so I know it was her for a fact).

A minute or so later I catch Thumper to administer the cream onto her sore hocks (they are improving :thumb:) for me to feel wet fur (bottom of her tail right by her lady bits). I thought she'd sat in the wee she'd just had as it was lying on the surface of the litter tray. But no; she'd done another wee. It's on my cuff of my coat and on my jeans, so far too much to have just caught it with her tail or a paw. And boy does it smell! :lol:

If she's just generally wee'd off about having to have her footsies done then that's fine, but if she's anxious then me no likey and will have to speak to the vet again as I don't want her stressed.

She's eating, pooing (and weeing :roll:), drinking fine.

I'll check back tomorrow for answers as I'm off to bed soon.

Thanks, guys and girls! :wave:

Fergie likes to wee on me when he's annoyed, especially if I've picked him up or said no to chewing everything!

Is she acting frightened afterwards - if not then I would put it down to a protest - they do use it as a weapon when fighting sometimes :)

Thanks, both.

No, she doesn't act frightened afterwards; lets me stroke her, hops off normal speed to munch on the hay.

I forgot to say that yesterday was day 9 of putting cream on. She grunted at me too. Oh! The other day she got really cross and was proper biting at my cuff! And I mean proper biting; she meant it - I'm glad my cuff was thick!

So perhaps the grunts and biting aren't working for her so she's stepped up her protest level and weed on me now! *note to self; put plastic bag on lap under newspaper!

Yeah sounds like my mini rex bailey when hes annoyed at med time.

or parsley when i was annoying him. He wanted to jump off the bed and i wasn't letting him, so he backed onto my OH's pillow and wee'd all over it :lol:

it really does smell horrid doesn't it :lol:

I reckon it was a dirty protest :lol: my daughter and I were once trying to give medicine to a chicken :shock: my daughter was holding her and I ended up being covered with the medicine but my daughter got covered in poop :shock: luckily she saw the funny side of it :lol:

Hope Thumpers hocks are getting better :thumb:

My girl that suffered with bladder sludge would wee when picked up if she was in a bout of it.

Because you said it smelt strongly made me think of it. Is her wee nice and clear? Is she spending longer than necessary on her litter tray?

Hopefully its just a protest wee, but just keep in mind and check out her wee to be on the safe side:)

Back