• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit weeing on me!

Asimm65

New Kit
I am a new rabbit owner so would really appreciate some advice. My rabbit is approximately 11 weeks old and is a male mini lop. He developed a habit recently of weeing on the sofas, and on me within the forst 10 mins of letting him out:/ so I have tried banning him from the sofas and he just weed on the rug instead! I'm not sure if it's early puberty, or if he just gets annoyed at us for pestering him by picking him up and sitting with him for so long. Advice please??
Thanks.

He needs to be litter trained. Also, make sure he always have access to where he normally wees in his cage/pen when he is out. It will be easier after he is neutered (most bucks can be done at 12+ weeks) but many rabbits like to wee on soft furnishings/rugs. And if he can smell it there from last time, that will make him much more likely to do it again, and then it becomes a habit. They can smell so much better than humans, so it needs cleaning thoroughly. Spraying/wiping the area with white vinegar will neutralise the smell for your rabbit and should help.

Back