Thread: Re: bonding going backwards!

Default Re: bonding going backwards!

Hi all I have bonded Lagonda and Gavin (a female and male ) rabbit and due to the loss of his pal I recently have given smallville (a friends now male solo rabbit) a chance to bond with my two, initially he had a set up in a large pen dividing them all, there was some hostility from the other male Gavin but Lagonda seemed intrigued, couple of weeks passed and I had them all in the garden... A big scuffle broke out between the boys and it seemed to settle a lot like they had decided who was boss my female even started to groom and hump smallville and all seemed to be going in the right direction... They started eating together and things slowly got them all living in the same space.... But now they have started nipping at and chasing smallville, he never retaliates and doesn't sit away ( in other words he doesn't seem sad, eating well still lovely and interactive following me round the house!) but the other two seemed to now not have accepted him and although it never breaks out majorly the hostility towards him has now lasted a few weeks... Advise please he's such a gentle loving rabbit I'd love it to eventually work out, I'm aware it can take months and months but I also understand I don't want to put him through a life of being left out!? Advise please fellow rabbiteers 🐰🐰🐰

Wise Old Thumper

Are they all neutered? Welcome to the Forum!

Yep all three are ... Thank you glad to be here 😊

Wise Old Thumper

Sorry - see you joined in 2012 - must have been my bed time! I always feel sorry for one being left out and I wouldn't be able to live with it for much longer than you have, so how about a fourth rabbit who might pair off with the lonely one. I am not 100% sure but how about a young female who would have to put up with being last in the pecking order but would possibly look to your lone bun for company.