• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stressed bunny :-(

Panjanda

Alpha Buck
I rehomed Bob on Monday he is a four year old bunny and used to living out side, I have brought him inside to be a house bunny.
He has been great at being stroked and picked up but tonight I brought him in the living room and put in on my knee for a cuddled and he started to breath fast and shake :(
I took him and put him back in his cage to calm down , question is am I rushing him and how do I get him used to being indoors without stressing him out to much x

Is he used to being handled anyway? I'd maybe leave him to settle in for a week or so before you try handling him again, just take things slowly, hopefully he will get used to it all when he realises you bring him food.

Is he used to being handled anyway? I'd maybe leave him to settle in for a week or so before you try handling him again, just take things slowly, hopefully he will get used to it all when he realises you bring him food.

Ah, food. The key to all rabbits' hearts!:lol:

Yes he is used to being handled just not used to being indoors xx
Will give him more time :thumb:

even once he is used to you and used to being indoors, it will still be scary for him to be suddenly taken to a novel room that is differnt to what he has recently become accustomed to. it may be better to let him hop along to different rooms in his own time so he can explore at his own pace :wave:

Back