• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good signs when bonding?

~Chey~

Young Bun
What should I be looking out for when bonding- Peter and penny will be my first pair of rabbits I've ever bonded so a little worried and not 110% sure on all signs that things are going well! I've got the neutral territory ect until bonded then slowly increase size- when do you think it would be a good idea to reintroduce them into peters old home would be?

The best time to reintroduce your 2 bunnies into Peter's old home is when you feel sure they are settled with one another. If Peter is not very territorial this could be a week after you put them together. It really depends on how soon they calm down etc. :)

Thank you so much! :wave:
I plan to introduce them in the summer to an outside hutch and run (Peter has been in the run before but the hutch will be new) will this be a problem when moving them outside? I'm probably worrying over nothing!
I'll post images when I pair them up they will look so good together :love:

The bunnies are very touchy feely! Is this a good sign for first meeting? Ie Peter has flopped next to her loads or they've been bowing down nose to nose or just generally close! Humping as well I think they're stuck on who's dominant?

Each time penny 'bows' down I've read this is a dominance thing 'groom me now' then Peter will flop in her face and ignore her or put his head ontop of hers....

Sounds like it's going well :thumb: not sure if you know to neutralise Peters old home by spraying it with vinegar diluted with water 50/50 sometime before they go into it :thumb:

Sounds like it's going well :thumb: not sure if you know to neutralise Peters old home by spraying it with vinegar diluted with water 50/50 sometime before they go into it :thumb:

No I didn't! Thank you so much! They are a long way off being introduced into his home yet but just preparing myself 😊 lots of humping and 'bowing' going on but they're eating and flopping so they must not be scared of the other! I'll keep posted x

Back