• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

when should I get him?

countrybumkin

Warren Scout
Hi,

So I have been in contact with a rescue about a bunny (2 potentials) I am interested in as husbuns for Poppy. The rescue don't offer any bonding so it would be down to me which im both scared and excited by!

Being a primary school teachers I have 2 weeks off at easter (3 weeks time). This would therefore be the perfect time for me to bond, they can take the whole 2 weeks if they need to! However I have been told if I like the bunny when I visit I can bring him home. When should I bring him home? Should I get him the first weekend of the holidays and start bonding straight away or would it be better to get bun the weekend before the holidays and then we have a week to get to know each other before I chuck him in with a strange rabbit too?

thank you in advance :)

Ooh exciting! :D
Assuming they have both been neutered 6+ weeks ago I would collect him the weekend before to give him time to settle and to swap scents between them. Are the rescue willing to take bun back if the bond doesn't work out?

Yes both buns I am going to see are neutered and Poppy has been spayed.

Yes the rescue have said that they do no paper work etc until they are happily bonded and if it doesn't work out bun can go back and if I want to try with another bun I can.

I was thinking it would be better for him to get to know me first and as you say I can start to swap scents/toys etc over so they start to get used to each other before they meet etc.

Back