• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bond has broken down

dutchbunny

Mama Doe
Moses wasn't eating the other day so took him to the vet. Whilst getting ready I did think of taking Watson with me as I normally do but decided against it. I wish I hadn't.
I put Moses in a separate cage but within their living space to monitor for droppings etc.

When reunited, all hell broke loose! They faught so badly, they had little wounds on their body from the amount of fur pulled.

So I started from scratch. Put them in the bath but Moses got scared and jumped out, put them in the hallway and all the signs were positive. Grooming each other but back in their home it instantly turned nast again. I have them now split up and I swap them every day but I am not sure what else to do. I had them in the hallway together again but it ended in a big fight again and 2 scared bunnies. I don't like the idea of this happening every day but don't like them separated as either as all was fine until the vet :cry:

:( Moses smells wrong :( stll has the Vet smell on him :(

dont know what to suggest, unless you take them both together to the vet for a visit see if teh nurse will handle them both so they smell the same as each other and try agian :?

i had two cats that were sisters took one to the vet and when we came back they would no longer sleep together i was very upset they didnt make up either, but i know rabbits are different to cats:?

good luck

I even put a towel with watson which I tens rubbed all over moses the following day but that didn't help.
I would leave the vet visit as a last resort as Moses is terrified of driving and I don't want to cause him any additional stress.

Back