• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nesting but not pregnant.

Faith appears to be going through a pseudo pregnancy I've read that this can happen will it cause any distress to my rabbit obviously with her building a nest but no babies at the end.

I found her tearing her fur out yesterday and she has a nice big nest built up in her hutch. Do I leave it there and how long for? Don't want to upset her if it suddenly disappears.

Thanks for any advice/info.

Leigh.

Is she speyed?

I had an unspeyed doe build a nest shortly after I rescued her. As you can imagine I thought she was pregnant, but thankfully she wasn't.

I left her nest where it was until she stopped looking after it a and it collapsed.

It looked so comfortable and soft :love:

Yes, it will be stressful for her, she'll have lots of hormones raging around her body right now. Respect her space and be aware that she may be grumpy and territorial. Leave her nest until she destroys it herself, if you can.

Once it has run its course, pop her along to the vet to discuss spaying her.

Is she speyed?

I had an unspeyed doe build a nest shortly after I rescued her. As you can imagine I thought she was pregnant, but thankfully she wasn't.

I left her nest where it was until she stopped looking after it a and it collapsed.

It looked so comfortable and soft :love:

Not yet she's not but is in at the vets next week with my other doe. I'll leave the nest alone then til next week when her hutch will get a good clean out. Hopefully by then she will have trampled it or like you say it collapses. X

Not yet she's not but is in at the vets next week with my other doe. I'll leave the nest alone then til next week when her hutch will get a good clean out. Hopefully by then she will have trampled it or like you say it collapses. X

Are you planning to spay her next week? If so, consult your vet first, as many like to wait till the phantom pregnancy is well over before spaying.

Yes, it will be stressful for her, she'll have lots of hormones raging around her body right now. Respect her space and be aware that she may be grumpy and territorial. Leave her nest until she destroys it herself, if you can.

Once it has run its course, pop her along to the vet to discuss spaying her.

Thanks for the reply she's been very subdued so I have given her plenty of space just topping up her hay/food/water as and when and saying hello to her when she does come to the bottom of her run.

I have her booked in next week to be spayed x

Back