• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chinning and humping

tabithakat64

Mama Doe
Cinna, sometimes chins things especially if I move or clean, this morning she was chinning everything including me and she tried to hump Prim a couple of times, Prim just hops into a tunnel to deny access :D. She is not quite five months old yet so too young to be speyed, is her behaviour normal for a bunnies first spring?

Advice please.

Even when she's spayed she might do it now and then. Milly doesn't hump but she chins me constantly. I'm not allowed to touch her or cuddle her or groom her, but as I bring the food I am hers! :roll:
Charlie humps a lot and he's been neutered for well over 5 years now. Rabbits aren't fun in spring :lol:

Will chins everything, all the time. Nancy's done the odd bit of humping just recently - so I put that down to spring fever. Both mine are neutered.:thumb:

Have been reading a couple of bunnie behaviour books and some forum posts and am reassured the behaviour is normal. The chinning is really cute :love:

My 2 girls chin stuff all the time and have their favourite chinning spots! :lol:

They were spayed a couple of years ago. Thumper still tries to hump her sister :roll: but Coco will either just run off or occasionally she will get really cross, turn around and chase her; ears back, grunting and if she caught her I think Thumper would be quite sorry she attempted to hump ...

My bunnies chin the radiators most! :lol: But also the door stopper things (behind the doors to stop them hitting the wall) and their boxes and toys get chinned too. They've never done it to me though :(

Back