• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not sure this can work :( please give me your opinions.

Carrie14

Mama Doe
Been bonding two neutered does since Tuesday morning.

One is 4 and looks clueless on how to behave has been on own since a kit. One is 3-4 and has always been bossy with other rabbits and hates humans.

One lick on ears from 4 year old and the rest of the time is ignoring each other at other ends of cage or chasing and fur pulling.

Sharing food ok-ish.

Neutral territory. Cage 120 cm long.

Just doesn't look good to me. :cry:

Should I just give up now? I have made successful bonds in the past...

Are they seeming stressed by it all ? I've only done one bond (2 pairs into a quad) so I'm no expert :oops: but 2 of mine ignored the others whilst they did chasing and fur pulling for a while, but I definitely had it easy with mine, as they bonded really quickly. If they don't seem stressed I'd maybe keep trying for a while :? Have you got some really tasty food for them to share? Mine went through a load of rosemary during bonding, and I've since read that rosemary is calming to them :thumb:

Hopefully someone with loads of experience will reply for you :thumb:

I've been going for over a week with mine, sounding very similar. Had a breakthrough yesterday where they finally lay near each otherand no fights overnight. So if they are not worried it may be worth keep trying a little longer.

Thank you both :)

They look relaxed when not fighting and they are both eating ok. Just don't know if I'm fighting a loosing battle. Don't think it helps that I have a 8 month old and am 12 weeks pregnant so super tired and anyway without sleeping on sofa with bunnies arguing all night :oops:

Oh my goodness, you must be exhausted!

I've only bonded Will and Nancy and from what I've seen on here it here it would be classed as an 'easy bond' (I disagree somewhat :D).

I can only echo what has already been said, to keep at it if there's no serious fight and try to get them nomming together.

I am utterly shattered tbh. But the 13 year old and 8 year old are being wonderful when not at school :love:

Sally the 3-4 year old just tried to groom the 4 year old (kevinetta) but she's flinching and scared by it :(

I know how you mean but with no positive signs from the one who's been on her own for 4 years... maybe she's forgot how to talk rabbit. She looks so confused :cry:

keep going. a week in, my four didn't look like they'd ever be a quad. two weeks in, its all happy families.

I know how you mean but with no positive signs from the one who's been on her own for 4 years... maybe she's forgot how to talk rabbit. She looks so confused :cry:

Bonds can take weeks, sometimes even months.

The thing is, they aren't fighting, they aren't chasing and early doors, ignoring each other is actually good, as it means they will tolerate each other and not want to rip each other to threads.

So there, theres at least 1 positive sign!

Another is, they are both eating etc. That's 2...

;)

My girly has been terrified of other buns and like you i didn't think she spoke rabbit. I started last Thursday and yesterday afternoon there seemed to be a turning point. They are currently side by side and he gas been grooming her. Bonds definitely can take a while x

But they are having scraps and fur pulling :( see if this photo works. It's just tiny steps then squabbling plus my hormones :oops:

excuse the baby foot but morning nap time!

How often are they scrapping? I bond for my local rescue as well as having 18 of my own including a group of 9 and one of 7 so have a fair bit of experience. If you wanted to send me a pm with all that's been going on and what you've been doing I'll happily try and advise but I've got to go to work now so won't be able to answer til this aft but the offer is there if you want to x

They scrap more at night about six times between 9.30 and 5.00 this morning. Think I was just overwhelmed this morning. Just need to keep trying as long as no blood or too much stress or lack of eating etc.

They scrap more at night about six times between 9.30 and 5.00 this morning. Think I was just overwhelmed this morning. Just need to keep trying as long as no blood or too much stress or lack of eating etc.

Yup.

They are most active at those times, so to be expected :)

Must be tough with 2 littlens too :(

Been bonding two neutered does since Tuesday morning.

One is 4 and looks clueless on how to behave has been on own since a kit. One is 3-4 and has always been bossy with other rabbits and hates humans.

One lick on ears from 4 year old and the rest of the time is ignoring each other at other ends of cage or chasing and fur pulling.

Sharing food ok-ish.

Neutral territory. Cage 120 cm long.

Just doesn't look good to me. :cry:

Should I just give up now? I have made successful bonds in the past...

Ted and Little tried to kill each other for months and now they're lovebuns. Anything is possible! :)

Tell me about it they are asleep now lucky devils :lol:

My 13 year old daughter is more stress than pregnancy, 8 month old, 8 year old and bunnies added together, bless her hormonal heart :lol:

They did go mental when they first saw each other. Especially the one who has not seen a rabbit for 4 years. She didn't know what was going on at all and attacked the mop I had to use to separate them :shock:

Back