• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do

pippa

Young Bun
Hello

Just need a little bit of advise
I'm picking a male bunny who is 13 weeks old on Monday!
I currently have two 12 week old female rabbits indoors until the weather gets better and my hubbie builds my hutch!
I was going to put a another indoor cage in the same room with them
Do you think that will irritate the girls? I don't want it to make them fight! :-( or get stressed!
As I hoping to bond the male with them once they are all fixed!
Xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

It should be ok to put the boy's cage in the same room well away from the girls but don't let him go up to the girl's cage as they will get stressed. He should be old enough soon to be neutered :thumb:

Thank you! Will do that! I was thinking that he can be neutered quite soon! Once he is neutered! Can I introduce him to the girls or wait till they are spayed?

Thank you! Will do that! I was thinking that he can be neutered quite soon! Once he is neutered! Can I introduce him to the girls or wait till they are spayed?

I wouldn't attempt to bond until the girls have been spayed and their hormones have settled.

Watch if they are out exercising, as bunnies tend to bite noses pushed through the bars :)

I'm afraid I don't know at what age they become fertile, but bunnies have been known to have mated through bars before, so watch out for that.

Back