• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shredding fur, nest building

Olive

New Kit
Hi, some advice please. My rabbit is shedding a huge amount of fur and made a nest in the "bed"area. not pregnant (male) !! He didnt come out this morning as usual. I have noticed a lot of mess from food and his toilet bedding all over in the last few weeks. I have recently taken the winter blanket out as he was just pulling it all over the cage.this afternoon he has come down to see me and allowed me to stroke him, but he just doesnt seem right ;( Any clues please ? I would add photos to show nesting area but cant do it on ipad ! Thanks

He is clearly very frustrated. It is not unheard of for Bucks to behave like a pregnant Doe when the Buck has hormone issues. I would take him to your Vet and arrange to have him neutered. It will vastly improve his quality of life.

Back