• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie and ginge

Em89

Warren Scout
Looking for some opinions please

My boys have been separated since before christmas due to Charlie's injury. Now I would like to put them back together. I tried a meeting a couple of weeks ago. In a room neither have been, in a puppy pen. They had a couple of scraps and pulled some fur. I separated them after ginge took a chunk of my finger in one scrap! Since then I have Charlie in the front room, ginge in the kitchen. I allow them to see each other, separated by a puppy pen. They occasionally try and nip each other through the bars. But they also spend a lot of time watching each other or they lie next to the puppy pen.

Now today Charlie broke free of the puppy pen and they had another scrap with fur flying. I don't want them to be lonely but I don't really want two pairs either. Do you think I should try putting them together again? Another option would be possibly getting a lady friend for them and having a trio? I just don't know!!

Any opinions out there?!

If they were living together happily there is a good chance they will do so again so I would try them. Getting a female at this stage wouldn't help things, probably make it worse. Good luck with them.

Back