• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Group of eight - can they work and how much space would you give them?

tulsi

Wise Old Thumper
I now have eight rabbits. A quad and two pairs. I would LOVE a group of eight but I know it would be a risk and could upset the current relationships. I wouldnt do any bonding until after the summer. I may not do any at all.

Do you know of or have any experience of larger groups? (Pics welcome, as always)!

Last edited:
Good luck! I appear to have gotten myself a quad, complete accident :shock: and I have two rescues arriving today so I'm going to try for a group of 6 :shock:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooh the thought makes me shudder! I'm working up the courage to bond my two pairs into a quad and that's making me break into a sweat! I'm sure I read your quad bonding thread.
Good luck if you decide to give it a go :thumb:

I know I've heard of groups of 8+ on here before but I can't remember who the members are.

I think large groups are amazing, I dream of having like a half acre aviary with a huge bunny group :love:

My sister had a friend who had dozens of bunnies free range her yard (I think it was a couple acres) and she would bring some of them indoors at night but they weren't neutered and they weren't protected from predators, so not a good situation sadly.

Good luck! I appear to have gotten myself a quad, complete accident :shock: and I have two rescues arriving today so I'm going to try for a group of 6 :shock:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw your quad thread. Incredible. So glad they are all together now. What are the two rescues that you have got? How exciting. We need pics. :D

Ooh the thought makes me shudder! I'm working up the courage to bond my two pairs into a quad and that's making me break into a sweat! I'm sure I read your quad bonding thread.
Good luck if you decide to give it a go :thumb:

Yes, its a pretty nerve wracking idea. I was so confident when I tried bonding the six. (Two wouldnt join in so they are still a pair).

Good luck with your quad bond. I really dont know if I ever will bond the eight together. The new ones (OMG they are gorgeous) have only just got here and I dont think that Spring is an ideal bonding time anyway with all the Spring fever in the air!

I know I've heard of groups of 8+ on here before but I can't remember who the members are.

I think large groups are amazing, I dream of having like a half acre aviary with a huge bunny group :love:

My sister had a friend who had dozens of bunnies free range her yard (I think it was a couple acres) and she would bring some of them indoors at night but they weren't neutered and they weren't protected from predators, so not a good situation sadly.

Know what you mean about the half acre aivary (thats how you spell it) with the huge bunny group. I think if you have enough space so that they can all get away from each other if they feel like it, it increases the chances of things working out.

Know what you mean about the half acre aivary (thats how you spell it) with the huge bunny group. I think if you have enough space so that they can all get away from each other if they feel like it, it increases the chances of things working out.

William's spelt it correctly ! :D

William's spelt it correctly ! :D

Oh. I knew William had spelt it correctly but I wrote it wrong (as usual) thinking I was copying what she wrote!!! I meant to say THATS how you spell it (emphasis on the thats).

Last edited:
Back