• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding two girls - U/D how does this sound?

Had them in the bathroom all night and most of today, they didn't do anything really :lol: just slept and ate! I woke a few times in the night and checked on them but there weren't any problems, they sat together and groomed a few times. I thought they would confront each other and get it over with in there as it's a smaller room but they didn't. We ended up moving them back into their bedroom this evening because it's just not really practical to have them in the bathroom :( they are both scared of the shower and the toilet flushing, and it's just not a big enough room to have them in there with us using it too

Since they have been back in their bedroom they have been sleeping together and grooming, but also there has been a bit of chasing again, think it's happened twice since about 6pm, it's not escalated into a fight or anything though. We have filled the room up a bit more to limit space as much as possible, so will just listen out tonight. It looks like I accidentally got rid of my puppy pen when I moved house last :roll: so I don't really have any way of confining them to a smaller section of the room

Thanks hun!

I only had to get up three times last night, and I think only one was possible chasing :D the others were Scar trying to drag a huge box across the room :lol:

I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I'm feeling quite confident at the moment. I really want them to get on! She has been at the rescue for so long that the girls there were saying they were worried she would never be adopted, and I feel like if I have to give her back what if it's another year plus until someone else shows an interest :( Also they said at the shelter they have tried her with quite a few other rabbits and it's not worked out because she has appeared frightened and attacked, but she seems relaxed around Scarlett, and I can tell she likes cuddling up with her and grooming :love:

Ooh I think it's all sounding great :thumb: when I did my bond and I was camped out next to them they kept waking me up drinking from their bottles, why is it when one has a drink they all want one :lol: and flopping really loudly against the crate :lol:

Is your new bun the butterfly marked agouti :love:

I know, I chilled out a bit last night but Jamie kept jumping up every time one of them hopped in or out of a tray :lol:

Yeah that's her :love: we are going to see how the next few days go before we name her because I'm trying not to get too attached just incase :lol:

Ok they have been together for five days now, bunny is still chasing Scarlett a bit, and I found a small amount of Scarlett's fur on the floor yesterday, but they still seem relaxed around each other the rest of the time. They will groom each other and sit together, and both flop out quite close to each other. I'm guessing they just haven't sorted the dominance thing yet. I'm being really impatient because we are both getting attached to her :oops:

They still have the entire room at the moment, I tried to section on part of the room with a puppy pen but bunny was trying to get down the side of it, trying to lift it up and was looking like she was about to jump over it

Not all buns do try and work out a hierarchy straight away. I've seen other bonds on here where they immediately settle or with a tiny bit of chasing like you are seeing.

You may find that they are both just so keen on having a friend they are happy to just be together but bunny 'naturalness' makes them a bit flightly :)

Sounds good!

Thanks for the reply Graham, what you have said makes sense :wave:

I think I just needed some reassurance :oops:

Everyone needs that from time to time, its not easy when two little lives happiness is in your hands :wave:

You are doing well :thumb: ! :)

I know that's the thing! I think the fact that she has been at the rescue so long is just added pressure, I want it to work out just because they were saying they are worried this is her only chance at being rehomed :(

Back