• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a 2 yr old French Lop...is it too late?

I would start a new thread for the actual bonding, so you can more targeted advice. I take it the white bunny is neutered? Males can still potentially be a bit fertile at 6 weeks post-op. Also, for the bonding to work, both rabbits should have been neutered for about a few weeks, sometimes longer, as you need the hormones to calm down.

The humping isn't affection, it is dominance. It is also probably sexual frustration, as he is so recently neutered and may have some of the sex hormones still.

Have a read up on bonding in the bonding section before you try them together again. Certain rules should be observed for the bonding to be successful, for example bonding in a completely neutral space.

I would personally avoid car journeys. They are supposed to stress the rabbits and cause them to huddle together for comfort.

It would be better to let them get used to each other in their bonding pen. Some chasing, humping and even fur pulling is normal. They will be vying for dominance and once one of them succumbs all will be well.

As Nessar suggests, have a good read of the bonding threads on here. Very best of luck.

Thank you all for the advice! Being new to bonding bunnies every bit of information helps! I am taking it all on board and hoping to still get these two rescue bunnies to be best friends! I'll have a look at the bonding threads for more tips and advice :) x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Back