• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reasons for licking

dumblepaws

Mama Doe
So I suspect one of the reasons my bunnies lick me is to apologise or stop me being mean
Eg claw clipping - lots of licks in the hope we never do it again
Or when we picked DP up post neutering to check his wound waffles would jump up and check what was going on and lick us vigorously to try and protect DP

Is this normal?

Mine have just started licking the carpet and the radiator, they are obsessed with the radiator (it's not on!).

Levi constantly licks me, and also anything soft...blankets, duvets, chairs, my slippers. It is very cute. :) I like to think it means he considers me to be part of his 'group' :)

Marbles always licks me after medicine time which I'm sure is her way of saying "look how cute I am, please don't do that to me again!" :lol: She also grooms herself or the floor when I stroke her. As jane said, I think some buns are just licky buns!

Back