• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lets see your painted hutches!

tiger_lily

Mama Doe
I've just got a double hutch to use as a base in the rabbit room (with the bottom door removed), but I want to jazz it up at bit. Can I see your painted hutches please for inspiration?

I've not got pics and it's a bit boring, but I've just finished painting the hutch we had cream.
Looks ok at the moment, not yet put it all together again - can pop a picture up when I have!

Maybe try and suit it to your decor?
We've got a cream sofa and cream/beige vinyl for the hutch and playpen to sit on so it goes quite well with the two big bits of light 'furniture'.

I had this hutch as a base for Loki in my old house, obviously he was never shut in (except for hoovering)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4FT-LARGE-DOUBLE-RABBIT-HUTCH-GUINEA-PIG-RUN-DELUXE-PET-HUTCHES-CAGE-PETS-/261111767078?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals&var=&hash=item3ccb796026

I painted it with cuprinol garden shades in a deep purpley colour and loved it. Sadly i don't have a photo of the actual hutch set up... and I don't have the hutch anymore. I do however have some bunny pics with the hutch in the background so you can see the colour!

hope that helps!

Here's my hutch when it was first painted last year. We used cuprinol in Seagrass and Country cream.

P1030988.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And Hershel checking out his new house.
P1030996.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's my hutch when it was first painted last year. We used cuprinol in Seagrass and Country cream.

P1030988.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And Hershel checking out his new house.
P1030996.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That looks great!!
I can't wait for spring, have big plans for the playhouse :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How weird, I have just been discussing with my OH the idea of getting a double 6ft hutch to go in the living room. I was thinking about painting it to make it look a bit nicer and homely. I was wondering about the paint, the buns are likely to give it a chew, especially as they will have access all round the outside too. Are there paints which are chew safe??

What a lovely hutch, where did you get it from?

It's a custom built 6ftx2ftx2ft Ryedale Hutch http://www.rehutches.com/.

They are not cheap, mine cost me £350 but they are definitely worth the money for the extra quality materials you get compared to other hutches.
The wood used is T&G Loglap and it's 20mm+ thickness, they come fully assembled so no extra work to put it up except for painting it. It was super heavy, it took 4 people to move it into position.

It's a custom built 6ftx2ftx2ft Ryedale Hutch http://www.rehutches.com/.

They are not cheap, mine cost me £350 but they are definitely worth the money for the extra quality materials you get compared to other hutches.
The wood used is T&G Loglap and it's 20mm+ thickness, they come fully assembled so no extra work to put it up except for painting it. It was super heavy, it took 4 people to move it into position.

It looks lovely. I'm on the lookout for an indoor hutch so I'll look them up. Thanks :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Back