• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to get bunny to clean back feet?

foxy2279

Alpha Buck
My recent new girl Holly does not clean mud off her back feet. I have been doing it for her depending on how messy/weather with lukewarm water or cornstarch. My vet also gave them a good clean through today while she was down there for her neuter. She is bedded on hay with megazorb under. Then has a litter tray with the same combo.
She is not over weight. Keeps her bottom lovely and clean. She just doesn't groom her back feet. I have tried putting banana and even yoghurt on them in a attempt to get her to groom them but getting nowhere with it.

If anyone has any other ideas i'd be grateful. As with the weather its becoming a mission on to keep them clean and i don't want her getting poorly feet due to it. She had the start of sore hocks when she came to me and now i think this may have been why.

Back