• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today they are off... *terrible news, urgent advice needed please*

midori1999

Alpha Buck
Today my two male/female pairs are off to the rescue three of them are from to be bonded into a quad. I'm very excited and very nervous.

I decided to give it a go as we are moving house and the garden layout means I can hopefully attach a large aviary to the front of the kennel one pair are currently in, then a runaround to a large run and possibly extra shed on the grass. This will mean all the buns have more space overall which I feel is important since very brazen urban foxes where we are moving too means its extremely unlikely the buns will get any free range time even when I'm there. On top of that, we lost a bun last year and although we bonded his wife again very quickly, she was so distraught/nervous while on her own I want to try and avoid that happening again.

Wish them/me luck!

So, initial introductions went well, hopefully it'll keep going that way. A couple of very minor grumbles with the girls, but hardly worth mentioning.

A few pics:

The boys
E07C9401-F121-4259-B13C-0C738FCE904C-32225-00001603A455C4A7_zps71c5c666.jpg

Pepe and Dash (from opposite pairs)
BBA4A964-C3B8-45F3-9C2C-46246F6461B8-32225-000016037D599B09_zpsa46b3fde.jpg

All four with Sweetie and Dash (both girls) saying hello

5F152DE4-BAF4-4FC9-AA5C-50AC513CA575-32225-0000160312C2BA73_zpsc46b9125.jpg

All together
D3159CE6-7B27-440E-BD41-3B5ECB8F792E-32225-00001602C81A9336_zpse2580754.jpg

Last edited:
Sending happy bonding vibes :thumb: my quad are certainly happier as a quad with more space than they were as 2 pairs :love:

How exciting!!! Lots of happy bonding to your two m/f pairs. I really like seeing my lot in a big cuddled up rabbit pile. :love::love:

Ooo lovely hope it goes well. We r currently bonding our new bun mabel to ted . Mayb when they are an established couple I could think about bonding them to our other pair frank and betty :)
Good luck keep us updated !

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. I've had a small update to say its going well but the girls have had a few scuffles and its just going to take time, which is what I expected really. They are all eating together happily, so that's a good sign. I'm expecting a few pictures tonight, I'm so excited, I didn't realise how much I'd miss them.

Tulsi, I did post another thread in housing about set ups for quads and I wondered if you'd mind sharing yours please as it had no replies?

Ooh how exciting, keep us informed. Looking good so far.
I'm going to try bonding my two m/f pairs into a quad soon, eek!

Thanks all.

I'm sad to report that things haven't been going well be the decision was made yesterday to separate back into pairs for the sake of one of the girls and I don't think we can move forward from here be wil have to keep them as two pairs. I'm really sad and feel a bit guilty that I've put them through this now. :( ill get more details today, but will probably collect them this weekend.

Thanks all.

I'm sad to report that things haven't been going well be the decision was made yesterday to separate back into pairs for the sake of one of the girls and I don't think we can move forward from here be wil have to keep them as two pairs. I'm really sad and feel a bit guilty that I've put them through this now. :( ill get more details today, but will probably collect them this weekend.

Oh, that's a shame :( but you have their best interests at heart and in my opinion it was worth a try, sorry it wasn't successful for you.

awwww, thats such a shame.. at least you tried...

Safe journey to pick them up

fee x

This is a horrible, horrible day. I'm sat here in tears. I phoned the rescue this morning to be told that one of my beautiful girls had died in the night/early hours after she and her partner had been separated from my other pair. Her partner had seen her as he was with her when she died and was back in with my other two. Obviously I've been to collect them all this morning and brought them home, keeping them together on the advice of the rescue.

Since I've been home the bereaved boy, Rebel, hasn't really eaten. Maybe a tiny nibble of grass. The othe two are eating. Currently my remaining girl is sat in the litter tray in the run with Rebel grooming herself and her partner, Pepe, is in the Wendy house on top of the little house in there. Both of my pair have been sat with rebel and at other times they've been off eating. They don't seem to be harassing him. Rebel has had a bit of a look about, but is mainly just sitting there.

In the car on the way home I heard them making a very loud clicking noise, but I was driving, so I don't know which bunny it was. I've never heard them make that sound before. They haven't made the noise since.

Obviously I'm extremely worried. I trust the rescue and the key there is vey experienced no obviously mortified. She has given me something to go in the bunnies water, some fibre plus? Pellets and a syringe of fibreplex for them too. Obviously I am keeping a very close eye on them, but at what point do I need a vet for the not eating? Is there anything else I can do? Am I doing the right thing keeping the three together?

I feel sick, my poor bunnies. :cry:

This is a horrible, horrible day. I'm sat here in tears. I phoned the rescue this morning to be told that one of my beautiful girls had died in the night/early hours after she and her partner had been separated from my other pair. Her partner had seen her as he was with her when she died and was back in with my other two. Obviously I've been to collect them all this morning and brought them home, keeping them together on the advice of the rescue.

Since I've been home the bereaved boy, Rebel, hasn't really eaten. Maybe a tiny nibble of grass. The othe two are eating. Currently my remaining girl is sat in the litter tray in the run with Rebel grooming herself and her partner, Pepe, is in the Wendy house on top of the little house in there. Both of my pair have been sat with rebel and at other times they've been off eating. They don't seem to be harassing him. Rebel has had a bit of a look about, but is mainly just sitting there.

In the car on the way home I heard them making a very loud clicking noise, but I was driving, so I don't know which bunny it was. I've never heard them make that sound before. They haven't made the noise since.

Obviously I'm extremely worried. I trust the rescue and the key there is vey experienced no obviously mortified. She has given me something to go in the bunnies water, some fibre plus? Pellets and a syringe of fibreplex for them too. Obviously I am keeping a very close eye on them, but at what point do I need a vet for the not eating? Is there anything else I can do? Am I doing the right thing keeping the three together?

I feel sick, my poor bunnies. :cry:

Oh my goodness :( I have no advice, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am, that is such an awful shock :( Binky free little girl xx

I'm so very sorry :cry: I'm afraid I don't have any advice, just wanted to say how sorry I am. Sending hugs xx

Eta I just posted a post in health for you with a link to your post here asking for help for you, I think lots more people visit health xx

Last edited:
Oh goodness...

What a shock. :(

I haven't got advise, someone more experienced/knowledgeable may be able to help. If the buns aren't fighting, then keeping them together should be fine IMO. I would say it would give some kind of comfort for bereaved bunny.

Is there any favourite foods you can tempt bunny with? I've read on here that herbs and puréed fruit such as baby food can be tempting to a bunny refusing to eat.

Lots of hugs to you.

(((Vibes))) for your bunnies at this sad time.xxx

Back