• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inspector Morse~ 2nd February 2014. A Tribute to a Legend

That is a lovely poem, Jane. :love: You always find the most touching writings and pictures, it is a true gift. :love: xxxx

I have tried so hard to fight on and not to let you down. Dealing with my demons each day was only possible because you were here and I just had to look at you and I'd know that I was safe, regardless of what my diseased mind was telling me. You were the only living being with whom I have been able to form a true bond with. Of course I love all the Pets I have had over the years and those I still have. But you were and will always be 'the one'.

I dont doubt this post may be read as the ramblings of a deranged old woman who has made a career out of living in the past and of self pity. But today, right now, what others may or may not think of me could not matter less. I know that you will understand the decisions I have now made, why there is no other option and that the decisions dont make me a bad person.

No-one but you knows exactly what living is like for me and that torture does not even begin to describe it. It has been that way since my early childhood, so at the age of 56 I cant be accused of not trying to 'get over it'. But when life seems to pile more and more damage onto damage already done it becomes impossible to make any repairs. Any that I thought I may have made proved to be temporary. Probably because the 'repairs' had no solid foundations to build on.

So Morse, my precious friend. Thank you for still understanding and for not judging me in the ways most humans do.

Dear Jane,
I know Morse is proud of your having survived in spite of all the obstacles in your life. Sending you my hugs and love.

He will always be with you. The Inspector still touches us all and we remember him with fondness and love. :love: (((((((Huge hugs)))))) xxxx

“Losing your life is not the worst thing that can happen. The worst thing is to lose your reason for living.”
― Jo Nesbø

Back