• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inspector Morse~ 2nd February 2014. A Tribute to a Legend

And can it be that in a world so full and busy the loss of one creature makes a void so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of eternity can fill it up!

~ Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

Gutted.
Having not been around here for a while this has been a shock. You are both stalwarts of this site and legend is not an overstatement. My thoughts are with you at this later stage as I still grieve for my special one.
xx

To anyone following this thread please dont think I expect any more responses to my posts. I realise that every time I post on here it bumps the thread back up and that can look like 'attention seeking' to some. My posts are purely an attempt on my part to keep going and not letting Morse down. It is proving to be one of the hardest things that I have done in my life :cry:

Thank you Morse xx

Last edited:

“When those you love die, the best you can do is honor their spirit for as long as you live. You make a commitment that you're going to take whatever lesson that person or animal was trying to teach you, and you make it true in your own life... it's a positive way to keep their spirit alive in the world, by keeping it alive in yourself.”

~ Patrick Swayze, The Time of My Life

Last edited:
Truly a most exceedingly excellent rabbit.

Did you get your mini-Morse made Jane or did you decide not to in the end?

What beautiful quotes you have posted Jane. I hope they help and you can take comfort from them.

please don't think people may think you're attention seeking.

Your quotes must provide comfort to others who have lost loved ones, they certainly have to me.:love:

Thank you.
xx

Eta correct a spelling mistake

Last edited:
What beautiful quotes you have posted Jane. I hope they help and you can take comfort from them.

please don't think people may think you're attention seeking.

Your quotes must provide comfort to others who have lost loved lines, they certainly have to me.:love:

Thank you.
Xx

Thank you xx

Truly a most exceedingly excellent rabbit.

Did you get your mini-Morse made Jane or did you decide not to in the end?

He is being made at the moment. A wonderful, thoughtful and very generous member of RU has paid most of the Artist's fee. There are far more 'good' people about than the 'other sort'. xx

Jane, Im truly so sad to hear of morse's passing.
I wanted not only to remember him, but to thankyou for sharing his photos and stories with all of us.
Morse was and forever will be a ledgend of RU.
Very sorry you lost him.

Binky free Morse forever in the hearts of hundreds till we meet again sleep tight xx

He is being made at the moment. A wonderful, thoughtful and very generous member of RU has paid most of the Artist's fee. There are far more 'good' people about than the 'other sort'. xx

That's lovely I must have missed that but it'll be nice to see what mini-Morse looks like when you get him. :)

Back