• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inspector Morse~ 2nd February 2014. A Tribute to a Legend

Take a walk down by the water
when the quiet of the day soft descends
And sit for a while with your thoughts there
and recall once again absent friends.

Think on your lives how he touched you
and how like a bird he has flown
Yet never forget what he gave you
that promise you're never alone.

For that which he left you is priceless
a legacy none could betray
For no one can touch what he placed in your heart
and no one can take it away.

Sadness they say is what happens
when happiness leaves for a while
Grief seldom knows the meaning of joy
nor gives love a reason to smile.

Let the days of your happiness hold you
till a time when together once more
The love that now keeps and enfolds you
will unite you as never before.

~Anon

[emoji813] :( [emoji813]

Should you go first and I remain,
One thing I'd have you do:
Walk slowly down that long, long path,
For soon I'll follow you.
I'll want to know each step you take
That I may walk the same,
For some day down that long, long road
You'll hear me call your name.

A.K. Rowswell

Last edited:
Lovely pictures :love: I especially love the definition and color in the second one there. I hadn't seen the black and white photo till today, it is such a sweet picture of the two of you. :)
Sending you ((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))) and sharing your thoughts and memories of the Inspector with fondness today. :love: xxxx

I'm with Mrs. B. You know I am always thinking of you, and especially tomorrow. (((((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))))))))
Remember that Morse is still and always will be with you. xxxxxxx

Morse one whole year may have passed since I lost your physical presence. To others your Memorial Chair may look to be occupied, to me it looks empty.

I would sell my soul to have you back on your chair again. I do know that you remain with me in a non physical form, that has to be true as I would not be here now if it were not. You know that I am not at all well now and you know that you need to make sure I always feel your non physical presence in some way. I know you will not let me down, you never have and you never will.

I love you more than anything or anyone in the world Morse. Please wait for me, where-ever you now are xx

Last edited:
I can't think of the right words to say today.

I know today will be a very poignant reminder for you Jane but I'm sure that dear Morse's spirit will be with you as always, guiding, loving and protecting you.

Stay strong and take care.

Love always xxxx

I realise that today is really just another day. But OMG am I struggling, I feel no different/'better' today than I did a year ago. I guess being so physically unwell now is not helping, I just have no fight left

:cry:

Thank you for your support everyone. I know I am not the only person in the world to have lost a 'Soul Rabbit'. I expect I just need to get a grip

:cry:

I have been thinking over the last week that it was coming up to a year since you lost Morse and how you will be feeling and how much his loss has had a profound effect on you.

To let you know I am thinking of you and your special Morse on this very sad day. Xxx

Wishing there was something eloquent I could say today to make things better but there really isn't so I will keep you and your beloved Morse in my thoughts and wish you both as peaceful a day as possible.

I have been thinking of you and Morse. I knew it was coming up for a year as it will be a year on the 8th since Gypsy passed away :cry: they were both such special bunnies and have left such a void. I just wanted to send my love and hugs to you xxx

I would say today is not just another day, not in the usual sense: it's another day without physical Morse, but another day where Morse touches you and everyone around you. I'm touched, and I never had the pleasure of meeting him.

As for just getting a grip, remember it doesn't have to be a grip on 'reality' :) Reality's so boring/horrible/ugly a lot of the time! Whatever you choose to grip on to, know Morse will be there, every step of the way :)

Sending strengthening thoughts :)

Back