• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inspector Morse~ 2nd February 2014. A Tribute to a Legend

How very true, and I wish more people knew this. The world might be a happier place.
((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))) xxxx

Dear Jane,

Please know we think of you often and are here for you as we approach the date three years ago when your soulmate had to leave you and go to the rainbow bridge. You are a lot like Morse. He fought to stay with you as long as possible in spite of his health issues, just as you fight every day of your life to continue to stay with us.

For months I had it in my head that it is almost 2 years since I lost The Inspector, but it is almost 3 years isn't it.

Time seems so irrelevant now, each day an existence and something to endure. But I am sure that is my fault for being me and not being able to 'move on'.

I, too, cannot believe it has been three years :(
But for me, it's mostly because he is so well remembered, and we all still enjoy seeing those photos you post of him, and how you speak of him, that it is as if he hasn't left. And he is still here, just in a different way.

No matter how much time passes, some losses cannot be acknowledged. I don't think it's necessarily something we should have to do, it is how we hold on to someone or something that reflects how much they mean to us. There's nothing wrong with that. ((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))) xxxx

For months I had it in my head that it is almost 2 years since I lost The Inspector, but it is almost 3 years isn't it.

Time seems so irrelevant now, each day an existence and something to endure. But I am sure that is my fault for being me and not being able to 'move on'.

Dear Jane,

I doubt it is possible to move on from the loss of one so dear without losing wonderful memories along with the pain. After reading your tributes and seeing all the lovely pictures of Morse, I believe all the wonderful times are worth living with the loss of such a lovely friend.

In the rising of the sun,and with it's going down
I remember him
In the blowing ot the wind,and in the chill of Winter
I remember him
In the opening of buds, and in the warmth of Summer
I remember him
In the rustling of leaves, and in the beauty of Autumn
I remember him
In the beginning of the year, and when it ends
I remember him

Last edited:
Thinking of you today as you remember your very special friend and soul mate.

I know he will always be in your heart and thoughts.

Take care xxxx

He will always be in your heart, Jane ((((((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))
and because you have shared him with us so kindly, he'll remain in ours forever too. :love:
Missing you, Inspector. xxxx

Back