• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mission 'Bond a trio!' U/D p22 BONDED!

Hector and Theo (dutchies) are a bonded pair and I'm adding Poppy to the group. If you'd like to know Poppy's story then please have a look at some of my past threads. Her happy ending is nearly here!

They have been together since last night and the photos are displayed in the order they were taken. :)

Last edited:
It looks like it's going well so far :thumb:. Best of luck with it. I bonded a trio last year so I know how nerve-wracking it is :shock:.

Oh I'll be following this because I want to try and bond a trio in the spring :thumb:

Are they house rabbits?

Looks like all is going well. What lovely looking rabbits. Your dutch with the different coloured ears is really unusual :love:

So lovely to see Poppy with her new friends!
Hope things continue to go well.

Thank you! Tonight is the bunnies third night together and is their second living in the shed! I have moved very fast with this trio bond as it's gone very well! I decided it was best to move them out asap as I want them to be able to adjust to the outside weather before it gets even colder.

The boys will occasionally lunge at Poppy if she goes near them but they are not being aggressive as such; just showing who is boss! Poppy is a wimpy bun really and just runs if they look at her so there isn't much chance *touch wood* of a fight taking place, she's too scared bless her. She seems to have taken a liking to sitting on top of the storage in the shed. It's her get away from the boys but today I found her in the hidey house so this is good news as she is gaining more confidence going near the boys.

Hector seems to have got used to her being there now but Theo is still being grumpy! He was washing her when she was inside so I hope he will swap the nipping for that very soon!

It is going well though as I'm confident to leave them alone and I've never been happy to do that so quickly in the past when bonding bunnies. Here's a few pics:

:love: Brilliant!

I wouldn't worry too much about the lunging. When I bonded my trio, Xena was constantly lunging at Shadowfax. Shadowfax was absolutely petrified of Xena and ran away every time she came near, which meant Xena chased her even more. :roll:

After a while, Shadowfax realised that if she just sat still, Xena wouldn't lunge at her and chase her. Eventually Shadowfax started grooming Xena and snuggling up. I have a thread with some of the cutest pics of them both together. You'd never know that I seriously thought twice about bonding them because of that!

They are a brilliant trio. :love:

Btw, that little tri colour dutchie is absolutely stunning! :love:

:love: Brilliant!

I wouldn't worry too much about the lunging. When I bonded my trio, Xena was constantly lunging at Shadowfax. Shadowfax was absolutely petrified of Xena and ran away every time she came near, which meant Xena chased her even more. :roll:

After a while, Shadowfax realised that if she just sat still, Xena wouldn't lunge at her and chase her. Eventually Shadowfax started grooming Xena and snuggling up. I have a thread with some of the cutest pics of them both together. You'd never know that I seriously thought twice about bonding them because of that!

They are a brilliant trio. :love:

Btw, that little tri colour dutchie is absolutely stunning! :love:

Thank you so much. :) That's Theo, he's gorgeous :love:

I will have a look at your thread. :thumb:

Thank you so much. :) That's Theo, he's gorgeous :love:

I will have a look at your thread. :thumb:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :love::love::love::love: What a beautiful handsome boy!!!! Oh my gosh he should meet my Sparrow ;)

Going to keep a eye on this thread as I'm also bonding a trio, I put them together for the first time last night and Sparrow within 20 minutes my little Scampi was grooming Sparrow while Quincey charged round like a lunatic.

The bunnies are doing great. :) The boys are still nipping Poppy but it seems to have calmed down a lot. Tonight will be their 4th night together, 3rd in the shed! At night I don't allow them run access, only in the daytime until they're officially a loved up trio! I'm just a little worried that the boys might push Poppy out the shed and it's too cold for that!

Anyway, here's today's photos! :)

Then we have Poppy's 'get away safe spot' :lol:

Awwww they all look like they are doing really well :) I love the first pic of them all huddled on the hutch roof :)

Hugs xx

Back