• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trio spending time apart - Normal says the vet

Mrsmcarey

Mama Doe
I took Jessy cat for his jab booster and while chatting asked the vet what she knew about Rabbits :)

then found out she used to breed, a long time ago mainly giants :D

told her that my trio do not spend all their time in one place together and that sometimes there will be 2 in one hutch and 1 by himself in the other and was this OK.

showed her my setup which she loved and said they are probably exhibiting more normal behavoir as in the wild ;)

she asked if it was always the same one by himself and i said no they seem to take it in turnes :roll: but when they are all together they groom each other and cuddle showed her photos too :oops:

anyone else found this ?

this is what they have to play in 5' double hutch and run to big run to the chicken hutch run - 24/7 acess to all:D

with the garden looked like that still :roll: no grass in the run and everywhere else is a mud pit :lol: roll on summer:D

My trio spend time apart from each other. But I make sure it's not always the same one getting left out. Benji's become a bit of a git around meal times and won't let Pod in to feed, so I have to scatter feed so he can't guard the bowl. But otherwise, they all take it in turns to snuggle :D.

I don't have a trio but my pair often spend some time apart from each other too. I think, as long as it's not the same one out of the three who's spending a lot of time by themselves then it's not something to worry about.

I love the cat peering into the run, with no idea that the white bunny's got his/her eye on her! :lol::lol::lol:

my trio do things together and things seperatly. I think its healthy for them mentally to be able to get away from the others when they want time out on their own. myself I think that if forced to be perminently within sight of each other 24/7 they would likely fall out with each other as who wants company ALL the time?

I don't have a trio but my pair often spend some time apart from each other too. I think, as long as it's not the same one out of the three who's spending a lot of time by themselves then it's not something to worry about.

I love the cat peering into the run, with no idea that the white bunny's got his/her eye on her! :lol::lol::lol:

Jessy the cat he is always out when I am :roll: I let them free range and he is quite a good watcher :lol:

It's never the same one and they don't fight over food so a happy bunch I have :love::thumb:

Back