• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cables

bunnylover4

Warren Scout
Please can someone help. I need something to protect my cables from the bunnies. Alex went through my iPhone 5c cable when it was plugged in without the phone attached!!! We were seriously lucky . Forgot once to move the cable and it's gone so we said one scare is enough so ideas please

Also wall edges and sofas what can I use to protect both that is safe for the bunnies

Any help would be great

Wire protectors. A rabbit would still be able to bite though them eventually, but it gives you more time to act if you see it coming. On top of that, we cable tie all wires and move them out of the rabbits way. I've found with Harry is that if we just move them out of the way, he tends not to bother with them as it's too much work for such little reward :p

Really, though, you also need to get into the habit of remember to remove cables that cannot be tied back/hidden when your rabbit is out. That is the only way to ensure that both your rabbit and your electricals stay safe.

Thank you

Thank you for the reply. I was going out to buy expensive covers etc but if that's still not bunny proof I think things will just have to be plugged in upstairs on the side or it the kitchen. Trust me one fright was enough :shock: I would have been devastated if Alex was injured

Back