• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long after a spay would you recommend introductions?

yamazumi

Warren Scout
I have introduced a boy before shortly after a neuter but other than a bit of humping the first day everything went swimmingly (and funnily enough, my boy Arthur had been neutered quite a while and humped like crazy!).

However, I know girls tend to be a little more hormonal/territorial. Is the usual recommended period about 6 weeks? Or can it be less than that?

It depends on the personality of the bunny really. I would wait until she has her stitches out and then you can decide what to do. If she is a quiet rabbit it will most likely be ok, but if she is very hormonal then I would wait. :)

I would def wait til the stitches have healed but my girl Heidi changed immediately after her spay, it was unbelievable! She was not approachable before, she'd lunge and grunt etc but she was a different rabbit after her spay! Aw that's just made me feel all sentimental remembering how she was and how lovely she is now :love:

Back