• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thumping

Mattie_G

Mama Doe
Hi, Falon keeps thumping. Buns are in the conservatory which adjoins lounge so I can see them. She keeps doing it on and off. I had the door open so they could come into lounge and she has had a good hop around 2/3 times a day for a few hours. she had a nice doze on sofa earlier.

just wondering why she is thumping. They can see into garden but nothing out there. thought bored but she can come in if she wants and explore. Do is with her. Has had breakfast plus water refilled and loads of hay.

any ideas?

My Nof is a right old thumper too. I think she does it for attention. She has learned that if she has a thumping session, mummy will, stupidly, come and give her cuddles and nose rubs. Could it be that do you think?

I wonder? But she is not a cuddly bun really. She will tolerate a stroke but doesn't seek affection.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Could it be something in the garden, such as a cat passing through? Nof hates those too. And the occasional daring pigeon gets thumped at too.
I think Nof is just a thumpy bun. She could never be a ninja bun as she hoofs about everywhere, banging and clattering.

I was watching but didn't see anything plus she is used to cats. She is bigger than them and has never cared before.

Jane - yes, she is a big, beautiful French lop.

I was watching but didn't see anything plus she is used to cats. She is bigger than them and has never cared before.

Jane - yes, she is a big, beautiful French lop.

I would get her ears checked. Lops tend to get a build up of wax which can get so bad it causes some loss of hearing. This can present as 'odd' thumping behaviour. I believe they may also get a form of tinnitus (ringing in the ears) which obviously causes them some distress.

Oh no, I hope not. She was last seen in October but I don't recall her ears being examined. I will get a vet appointment sorted.

Yes she was done as soon as she was old enough. She will be 2 at the end of Feb so still a young girl. She is eating and you letting fine. I was wondering if she wants to go into the garden. But I can't take her out at the moment as working. We don't have aviary sorted yet.

Back