Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Protecting floors from bunny pee

Wise Old Thumper

Thanks guys. Yeah she already has vetbed and all her blankets to go on top of whatever I put on the floor, think I would just rather something that won't absorb liquid because I can't guarantee anything I put down is going to stay there. She drags her vetbed round like a toy We are going to try lino, if it doesn't work we will rethink

I still need to do something about the doors and skirting boards too, I think we are gonna go to B&Q at the weekend and ask for help

Hi @sillyrabbit: We just picked up our 2 Holland Lops today and I'm on the search, too, to protect the floors! Did the lino work well for you, or did you find anything better?

Wise Old Thumper

I just got a couple of rolls of Lino in the end, cut them so they exactly fitted the room and put them down without properly sticking them permanently. I chose one with a wood pattern, when my landlord came round once he didn't even notice that there was Lino down he thought it was the original floor

Not long after we moved my rabbit did start suffering with urinary problems and also arthritis which meant she was reluctant to get in and out of her tray, so I am glad that I covered the original floor as we did come home to find she had gone outside of her tray sometimes. I also noticed that the Lino got a bit scratched from claws when running around and playing I guess, so the Lino also protected against that

We recently moved out after three years of rabbits living free range in that room, and the floor was fine underneath when we took up the Lino. So yeah it worked great