• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

St.Nicholas Abbey (racehorse)

rabshan

Mama Doe
I have just heard the very sad news that the racehorse St.Nicholas Abbey had to be put down this morning six months after he suffered a broken leg on the training gallops:cry:although he had several set backs he was improving and it was hoped that he would survive to fulfill a stud career:cry:but he developed inoperable colic and was pts this morning::cry:
RIP St.Nich hope you gallop into val halla along with all your friends who have given their lives for the racing industry:cry:

I have just heard the very sad news that the racehorse St.Nicholas Abbey had to be put down this morning six months after he suffered a broken leg on the training gallops:cry:although he had several set backs he was improving and it was hoped that he would survive to fulfill a stud career:cry:but he developed inoperable colic and was pts this morning::cry:
RIP St.Nich hope you gallop into val halla along with all your friends who have given their lives for the racing industry:cry:

GIVEN their lives to the racing industry? No. Had their lives TAKEN from the racing industry.

Barbaric, disgusting and absolutely unnecessary. He would have been shot there and then if they didn't think they'd be able to make money from him. :censored:

R.I.P St. Nicholas Abbey. :cry: :cry:

St.Nicholas abbey

Yes i agree with you veganbunny:cry:racing is cruel and brutal and it's the horses who suffer so much:evil:
I don't want to take this thread away from St.Nich but yesterday i read a quote from a stablehand who works in racing who said that many horses after just one race will be sent straight to the slaughterhouse:evil:many other's suffer injuries from which they never recover:cry:i hope one day that it will be banned:) I very rarely come on this site but felt i had to pay tribute to this magnificent horse so once again RIP brave boy..run free:

Last edited:
Yes i agree with you veganbunny:cry:racing is cruel and brutal and it's the horses who suffer so much:evil:
I don't want to take this thread away from St.Nich but yesterday i read a quote from a stablehand who works in racing who said that many horses after just one race will be sent straight to the slaughterhouse:evil:many other's suffer injuries from which they never recover:cry:i hope one day that it will be banned:) I very rarely come on this site but felt i had to pay tribute to this magnificent horse so once again RIP brave boy..run free:

It's horrendous. :( I agree that he deserved a tribute. Thank you for posting it up. :cry:

http://www.horsedeathwatch.com/ This just shows the scale of things. This is a list of all the horses that have died actually during a race, or soon after. :cry: For anybody wondering why this "sport" is so cruel, that link is your answer.

Gallop free St Nic.

I remember watching the grand national as a child and there was this lovely white horse (can't remember its name as was only about 7 at the time). It fell going over a jump and died instantly. I can still see it go down now even in my 30's it had that effect on me. Never watched horse racing since.

Oh no how sad the number of racehorse death's just goes up and up :-(

Gallop free at the Bridge beautiful horse nobody can hurt you now :cry:

Gallop free at the bridge, safe from the vile people that exploit you and treat you with such disregard

Gallop free in the bright sunshine on the long lush grass xxx

Back