• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fibafirst question

Roly Poly

Warren Veteran
Hi,

As always, I'm looking for new ways for Rolo to eat more hay - I've come across Fibafirst and thougt I may buy a small box to try.

First of all, would I just give him just one or two as a treat or is it something that could gradually take over from pellets? He only has a small amount of pellets every morning.

I've seen it on a couple of websites but the packaging looks different. Is it the same stuff that has had a rebranding? If anyone feeds this, would you be able to post a picture of the box?

Thanks xx

I feed Fibafirst as treats :) this is the box mine came in:

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/fibafirst-rabbit-2kg-109135

Mine all love it and even the buns who hate hay will happily munch these, and they smell all herby and yummy. I think you could def use them as a replacement for pellets, there is nothing bad about them and with 30% fibre it's ideal for a hay-hating bun. I think as long as Rolo tolerates them you would be fine to switch.

PS I really want to try one because they smell so good :oops: :lol:

I feed mine as treats but only because I have 6 rabbits:lol: I would happily use them as a main food source though :)

The older box I had was black and green with one big bunny on but my new box that I got from hay experts is white with the two buns on :)

I'm trying it for my buns and they seem keen. They don't eat heaps of hay so this might be ideal

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

I give this as a treat - and to tempt a bun who doesn't immediately nom his or her pellets (although I am cautious with this as my buns can be cunning little furries and are not above not eating their pellets in a bid to see what yummy noms their human will give them next;))

I feed Fibafirst as treats :) this is the box mine came in:

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/fibafirst-rabbit-2kg-109135

Mine all love it and even the buns who hate hay will happily munch these, and they smell all herby and yummy. I think you could def use them as a replacement for pellets, there is nothing bad about them and with 30% fibre it's ideal for a hay-hating bun. I think as long as Rolo tolerates them you would be fine to switch.

PS I really want to try one because they smell so good :oops: :lol:

Then try one. I had one of the rabbits' pellets once, to see what all the fuss was about. Then I had another one to check. Still can't see what the fuss is about though! :lol:

I'm feeding this instead of pellets at the moment. Bunsk loves it... but then again he loves ANY food! But it does smell really good!

I feed mine as treats but I think the idea is you feed them as a main food instead of pellets.

By the way, anyone who is tempted to try them shouldn't. They smell amazing but are absolutely disgusting, it's like emptying the dregs of a bag of hay in to your mouth except worse (as one would expect really :lol:)

I've substituted fibafirst instead of science selective and its miraculous.. Smudge no longer has sticky poops and hasnt had any incidence of gut slowdown for 2 months.. Both he and Willow love the stuff...

Doesnt seem long without any incidences but for Smudge its fab.. Golden Poops all round.............!!

Fee x

I've substituted fibafirst instead of science selective and its miraculous.. Smudge no longer has sticky poops and hasnt had any incidence of gut slowdown for 2 months.. Both he and Willow love the stuff...

Doesnt seem long without any incidences but for Smudge its fab.. Golden Poops all round.............!!

Fee x

That's great news :thumb:

Rolo isn't fussed at all - I give him one a day to try and tempt him but not having much luck.

I've been looking at this in the shop today myself and am considering moving over from Excell.

I wouldn't give this as a treat as it states it's a complete feed. They would have these instead of the pellets. It said to feed 75g to a 2.5k bun and I think it's about 35g per kilo of body weight for those below or over.

Just keen to see hear some feedback from people using it.

Back