• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jessica

Hi I'm new on the forum got my first rabbit who is nearly a year old,she is called Jessica she's white with lil black patches on.she an amazing rabbit and I love her to bits only problem is she has started weeing every where when I get her out her cage,when I first got her she used to go for a wee in her cage not sure what to do as I'm cleaning more wee than spending time with her.can you guys help I need some advice thanks Caroline :wave:

Well, firstly, even though she is on her own, it can be quite beneficial to get rabbits spayed. Spayed females do tend to live for longer and are much less likely to get uterine cancer.

Anyway, the reason I asked, spaying rabbits does tend to make them calmer and less territorial, as the peeing could be her being territorial and marking it as hers. They can be a lot less destructive once spayed. Rabbits are much easier to litter train once they are spayed/neutered, so perhaps that could be something to think about?

Does she have a litter tray?

She does have a litter tray and used to use it apart from the weeing she is such a good rabbit,she loves running around and is a proper cuddle bug she follows me every where doesn't leave my side.:love:

Well, firstly, even though she is on her own, it can be quite beneficial to get rabbits spayed. Spayed females do tend to live for longer and are much less likely to get uterine cancer.

Anyway, the reason I asked, spaying rabbits does tend to make them calmer and less territorial, as the peeing could be her being territorial and marking it as hers. They can be a lot less destructive once spayed. Rabbits are much easier to litter train once they are spayed/neutered, so perhaps that could be something to think about?

I would also recommend spaying, it is a very routine procedure so as long as you find a rabbit savvy vet there really isn't any danger (although there is always a risk when using anaesthetic on any animal or even humans).

I also have a bunny who seems to save all her wee for when she's out to play! If you have an old tea towel sometimes they'll go on that although it tends to be a bit hit and miss... I'm planning on spaying as soon as she's six months which is in the summer

Back