• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Levi and Daisy: sudden humping and chasing

Ailstar

Mama Doe
Over the last few weeks I have noticed a marked increase in humping and a little bit of chasing by Daisy and Levi. Although this was mainly Levi chasing daisy in response to the fact that I'd just seen daisy hump Levi's head. I have no idea why this has started they have never humped each other before other than when little just before they were neutered. It is possible that it is food related as Daisy just did it again to Levi when I was giving them their breakfast and then I also saw them both dig at the bowl to move it away from the other one. (I put it straight back in the middle each time) I have also never seen them be territorial with food and have always remarked on how good they are at sharing. Does anyone have any ideas why they would suddenly start this? In all other respects they are just as loved up as normal. Levi was neutered in July and Daisy was spayed at the beginning of September so it shouldn't be hormones.

I think feeding will be made easier if you do away with the bowl as long as you put the food on a clean surface.

I hand fed them this morning because Daisy was being funny about the bowl again, but she was fine last night. It worked well, it just means I can't leave them to eat their breakfast while I get ready for work!

Hiya :wave:

I bought my buns a double food dish so that they could sit next to each other and eat at the same time. This works with all three groups. Before that Lucky, one of my girlies, used to pull the bowl towards her when the others were trying to eat :lol:

All of my little groups have the occasional spat but never anything serious fortunately, mostly just a bit of humping and chasing but no fur pulling or anything.

I hope they settle down :D

Hiya :wave:

I bought my buns a double food dish so that they could sit next to each other and eat at the same time. This works with all three groups. Before that Lucky, one of my girlies, used to pull the bowl towards her when the others were trying to eat :lol:

All of my little groups have the occasional spat but never anything serious fortunately, mostly just a bit of humping and chasing but no fur pulling or anything.

I hope they settle down :D

Thanks, that's definitely a good idea, I'll see if she calms down and if not I'll invest in one :) I'm hoping it's just a phase! I was so proud of the fact I had such good bunnies who didn't fight over food as well!!

I scatter feed all mine. Gives them a little bit extra to do as well. I hide it in their hay and round the run ... mabe it could help.

I always worry if I scatter feed they won't find all their pellets and either they be hungry or the pellets will go mouldy and then if they eat them at that point they will get sick...that's what stops me scatter feeding...

Just spread a pile out a bit then :) that's what I do with mine. It's still slightly contained but not too much that it would cause an argument because there isn't a bowl there.

Back