• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!!! girl bunny humping girl bunny??????

sazzab278

New Kit
Hi peeps, I've had my 2 rabbits 6 months so they will be 7 n half months old approx. one of my rabbits, for a week, has been constantly trying hump my other rabbit, she has always be the most dominant and I assume this has something to do with it but she will not leave my other rabbit alone, I'm not sure whether its best to separate them? Also both my rabbits are litter trained and have never pooed anywhere else in the house but since she has been humping she is pooing everywhere??? Please can any1 shed any light on this it would be much appreciated :)

Hi :) It sounds like the humping is hormone related. Are your girls spayed? A pair of females will rarely remain bonded unless they're spayed, due to the hormones. Even when/if the females are spayed they might not live together successfully, but keeping two un-spayed females together is, in my opinion, just setting up for a fight. If your two girls fight it could end in very serious injuries, let alone an irreversibly damaged bond.

If I was you, I'd separate them, get them spayed with a rabbit savvy vet and try and re bond them :wave:

No they are not spayed and I didn't even think of that, thank u very much for ur help I will definitely try this and get them spayed :D

Are the rabbits neutered? It doesn't sound like it and hormones have started to display themselves so this would explain it. Also, are you sure you have 2 girls? If they are unspayed females this is what the dominant one does. If it is excessive it isn't very pleasant for the submissive one so you can have them spayed, which will curb this behaviour, or separate them :(

No they are not spayed and I didn't even think of that, thank u very much for ur help I will definitely try this and get them spayed :D

Definitely look around for a rabbit savvy vet though, some vets can be a bit 'iffy' and obviously you don't want that! You can post up for a vet recommendation on here, titled similar to 'Rabbit Savvy vet needed in -location-' if you're not sure which ones are good or bad around you. :wave:

Spaying will also cut out the risk of uterine cancer as statistics show around 80% of unspayed does will get cancer over the age of 5. Good luck!

Definitely look around for a rabbit savvy vet though, some vets can be a bit 'iffy' and obviously you don't want that! You can post up for a vet recommendation on here, titled similar to 'Rabbit Savvy vet needed in -location-' if you're not sure which ones are good or bad around you. :wave:

Spaying will also cut out the risk of uterine cancer as statistics show around 80% of unspayed does will get cancer over the age of 5. Good luck!

:thumb:

Are you certain they're both girls? If they were only 6 weeks old when you got them it would have been harder to sex them, so the person you bought them from could have made a mistake. Have you had a look for testicles?

I can't see any testicles, I think I'm best off taking them to the vets getting them checked and spayed! Thank you for every1s help:thumb:

Back