• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Female single bunny wanted to pair with a young neutered male bunny Cheshire

Jade_J

Young Bun
Hi,

We have 2 male bunnies, Smudge & Simba, which we bought at the same time 4/5months ago as baby bunnies, they are not brothers however. At first they got on fine and seemed to enjoy each others company and often groomed each other. However about a month and a half ago they started fighting. Simba started to sniff Smudges bottom and they would then start to circle each other and then they would start a locked fight with fur flying everywhere! We have since separated them and tried re-bonding them however it unfortunately hasn't worked and we have now come to terms with the fact that they aren't going to be able to live together again and so we are going to adopt female bunnies to pair each of them with, doing 1 pairing at a time. However, we have contacted local animal rescues but we can't find a single female bunny of a similar age. I was hoping that by posting on here if anyone knew of a female bunny under 1 years of age & of a small/medium size in need of a loving home that they would get in touch.
We live in North Cheshire, about 25 mins South of the Manchester and we are willing to travel, probably up to 30 miles.

Smudge is a Harlequin Lop/Lionhead Cross of a small/medium size. He used to like being groomed by Simba, more so than being the one who groomed. Smudge loves to be stroked and will jump on the sofa and nudge us several times a night for a little stroke. He will sometimes run around and do little bunny hops but he isn't really active and a little bit lazy perhaps as he is quiet happy stretching out and relaxing. He does however like to have a nibble on paper whenever we aren't watching!

Simba is a Ginger Lionhead again of a small/medium size. Simba is a much more independent bunny and isn't too fussed about being cuddled and stroked. Simba loves to explore and is constantly on the go causing mischief, trying to jump on and squeeze in everything. Both bunnies are very friendly and haven't been aggressive towards us.

Both bunnies have been neutered and vaccinated. They are outdoor bunnies currently living indoors due to the cold weather. Whenever we are home the bunnies are free to roam indoors. We have a double hutch & run, indoor cages and a pen & we are having a shed delivered on Friday which will be Smudge's & the new bunny's house once we have insulated it and added shelving etc.

We are aware that the bunnies will need to be bonded before we put them together and that this may take some time. We are however hoping that if the first bond with Smudge doesn't go well then hopefully the second bond with Simba might, seeing as these 2 bunnies don't get on hopefully the female will get on with one of them!

Thanks for reading this very long post!

Jade

I have had a look on the RSPCA website but they only have a few girls and they are all 3+ years. I am probably being a little bit picky but I would like to get one of a similar age so they can spend most of their lives together, and maybe hopefully it will help the bonding process? It would be easier to buy one from a pet store but I would rather rehome one if I can.

I have had a look at the ads on here however when we have rung up about them the shelters don't have any rabbits available so I think they must be quite old ads, or there's been a sudden rush with Christmas!

I would look on the rabbit rehome website I linked and contact all the rescues in your area just in case there are any suitable bunnies available that aren't advertised. Rescues are often so busy they perhaps don't get chance to upload new bunnies, and there are often new ones coming in frequently. I'm sure there will be young rabbits available for you somewhere

Hey there I know I'm replying to this thread from way out of area but it pays to ring all the rescues local to you.
Often websites are not updated because the animal care takes priority.
That's especially true of this time of year with people away, busy etc.
I'd say get on the phone or visit, let them know what you are after and then when the right bun comes in they'll be able to contact you.

Thank you all for your replies! Today we found a place with lots of rabbits needing rehoming, Soozoo near Stockport and after visiting we have reserved a lovely little girl named Tess! We just need them to visit our home before we start the bonding process, which Soozoo will do for us! Fingers crossed this will go well and Tess will be home with us soon!

The shed is arriving and I'm very excited to start designing the layout!

Fantastic news, good luck for the homecheck, and don't forget to update us with pics :thumb:

Wonderful. Looking forward to piccies.

Love the name Tess - One of mine is Tessie (she came with the name and it was to cute to change).

Thank you all! The home visit went well and she will be recommending us to the RSPCA for the adoption of Tess!

The bonding process will be starting soon which means Smudge will have to leave us for a week or so, I'm going to miss him lots! Hopefully they will like each other and Tess can home in a few weeks! We will be keeping the name!

In the meantime the shed is up and we are currently part way through insulating it! Unfortunately I haven 't got permission to post any pictures just yet, maybe because I'm a new member?

Back