• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding

dasiychain

Young Bun
Hi I need some help, we've had our little biscuit who's a neutered male mini lop for about 8 months, recently we felt that he has been a bit lonely as he follows me around and licks my teddies and my partners head. He's only 9 months old and he's an indoor bunny. There will be some days in which he's by himself for quite sometime so we decided to get him a friend. We bought a 8 week mini female lop on Saturday, we've put her in her own cage with a run so biscuit can smell her and be close to her. However I caught them nose touching through the cage only for several seconds and later in the evening he was binking round the cage. She still seems scared of us but I don't know when they will bond, Or if there is any signs? I don't want to remove the cage encase he goes for her and she's only 8 weeks? Any help will be much appreciated! Thank you xXx
ajurehez.jpg
utypydej.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum. Your bunnies are gorgeous :)

You might find this useful to read.

Ideally though, my advice would be to wait until 6-8 weeks post spay for her to give them the maximum chance of success together (I'm presuming he has been neutered).

Thank you, I caught them lying next to each other so I'm hoping that's a good sign. He has been neutered but she's a bit young to be done yet I was hoping to bond them before getting her done

my5u2uje.jpg

Thank you, I caught them lying next to each other so I'm hoping that's a good sign. He has been neutered but she's a bit young to be done yet I was hoping to bond them before getting her done

my5u2uje.jpg

The bonding stands a much better chance if you get your doe spayed first, give her time for her hormones to calm down and then try to bond them.

An unspayed doe with a neutered male can be asking for trouble as the doe could well become......'demanding' , territorial and spray!!!

Best to wait.....I feel sure your patience will be rewarded.

Back