• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit licks ?

Newzealandwhites

Alpha Buck
Yule just kisses all up my arm when she was sitting getting a cuddle, hope this is a good thing and doesn't mean she is missing any salt ?

As far as I know it is mutual bonding. You are stroking her (which she thinks you are giving her a wash) so she's washing you. Relish it! :love:

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I came across this post!
When we stoke our rabbit he really licks the carpet! Is it just because he likes the texture or does it mean he likes us stroking him?? He's a very anti social boy, hates cuddles and people. :(

You are honoured - your bunny loves you :love:

I've had kisses from all three of my buns, (except grumpy Slipper :lol:) and I love it :love: I'm not happy at them kissing other people though, they're MY bunnies and they can only love ME! :oops::lol:

When we stoke our rabbit he really licks the carpet! Is it just because he likes the texture or does it mean he likes us stroking him?? He's a very anti social boy, hates cuddles and people. :(

Yeah it's just the bun showing you some attention don't woz

My two never lick me but quite often lick the floor/blankets etc as I stroke them. I think it's sort of half way to licking you, I.e. I love you and this feels nice but I don't love you that much ;)

Back