• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help please

NJK

Warren Scout
I am trying to bond my female to a new male friend and they have been living separately in my shed for about two weeks now. Anyway my son and his friend thought they were lonely and opened the hutch. When I got there they apparently were sniffing each other and then Anna went for the new one. It is of course her territory as she has lived there with Bessie, who suddenly died, so I know this is natural. My question is, is that it? Have I messed up the whole process for good now?

If you want to bond them you will have to put them both together in neutral territory for at least a week and meanwhile neutralise the shed as best you can. Hope you have success. I don't know of another way but while you keep them both in "her" shed they will never bond. Is the doe neutered?

Thank you. To be honest I think I will ask for professional help as I really don't want to make a mess of it. I have totally fallen in love with my new rabbit and would be devestated for him to leave. And of course it goes without saying how much I adore the other one.

Back