• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jez is bullying me :(

jezzabelle

New Kit
So jez has always been an absolute madam, but recently she has been actively seeking me out to bite and dig me. Tonight, for example, i had her downstairs whilst friends were around, she jumped on the sofa to say hello to them and was lovely. Then she kept actively coming and jumping on me and just biting my hoody (hard! she's like a flipping terrier - wont let go!) and digging me persistently before then going off to be lovely to friends again and so on until i had to put her back upstairs due to being attacked! Anyone ever had the same problem? Id like to think there's a reason other than her just hating me. She's currently going crazy over the sleeve of my hoody thats dangling over my chair now! Crazy rabbit. Shes spayed too btw.

Also this may or may not be related - she's spending more and more time in her cage by choice! she's never EVER opted to go into her cage before recently! She's one angry little lady.

Have you changed washing powder?
Got a new air freshner?
Changed soap?
Fussed something that isn't her and she can smell it on you?

Stu does not like the yellow comfort, he is ok with the blue denim one but when I used the yellow one for a while he wasn't happy (he lives outside in a trio) but would not come to me, and he is very wary when I have been to my sisters :roll: she has dogs, and 5 other bunnies that just need to be fussed too:oops:

We also have a cat, who she isnt bothered by at all and i havent worn the hoody with him anyway, nor have i changed my wash stuff. weird. She's just a nutter. It was almost like she was being two-faced! Nice to them and saying "who the hell are these people, get them out of my house!" to me haha!
But she just digs and bites on me so much, no matter what im wearing and she comes to me to do it! So annoying!

Is it just the hoodie she goes for? Legs are more common targets. If you take the hoodie off and replace it with something else (arm guards? lol) does she still attack?

It's unlikely to be she hates you just you need to work out what she's thinking :)

Lilly likes to jump on me and do this. She does it if she wants simething, if I'm late with dinner for example! I take it as she's trying to pull me by my clothes to the food :lol: she does it at other times too and if I tell her to get off then get off the sofa and lay on the floor she is always head next to my hand because she just wanted attention and to play with her toys with me! If I'm laid on the floor she'll sometimes climb on my back to eat tops, but that's more of a game :lol:

I definitely wouldn't say your rabbit hates you, more likely attention seeking and she thinks it's some sort of game! Rabbits play all sorts of funny games, Lilly plays the biting one with my housemate's trouser leg, and binkies after everytime because she'd finds it funny :lol:

Not really sure how to stop it, maybe try giving her the attention before she does it if you're expecting her to do it and she'll learn not to come demanding attention in such a way?

Is it just the hoodie she goes for? Legs are more common targets. If you take the hoodie off and replace it with something else (arm guards? lol) does she still attack?

It's unlikely to be she hates you just you need to work out what she's thinking :)

Yeh she still attacks, perhaps not as bad when its not a hoody (she mustn't like hoodies) She's been going crazy at one of her towels today, seems to have to developed a desire to eat and beat up any form of material! She doesnt bother with legs, just jumps straight on up to the lap/chest and goes for it!

Perhaps a neutered male companion would benefit her? She may be lonely and wanting interaction.

Back