• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Service in Sheffield or surrounding areas?

eeejay3

New Kit
hi, does anyone know of a bonding service, or someone locally who could help? Im really inexperienced and lack the confidence to do it myself. I Have 2 wee girlies, approx. 5 mths old, they aren't spayed as yet, as ill health has led me to cancel their spay, but will get organised in the next week or 2. Hubby has been round to hi friends house, to find that their daughter is badly neglecting the rabbit, he's alone, unneutered, his hutch was filthy, 3" deep in poo etc, no food just lots of hay. He's furious, he cleaned him out and said if its not sorted out with the daughter, by tomorrow, which I doubt she will, he's collecting the rabbit and bringing him back to ours. I am more than happy to take him on, we've just converted our chicken coop into a hutch, and hubby is now building the ten foot run to go with it. Id obviously get him neutered and injections etc, Im just so inexperienced, I don't really speak bunny, (but Im trying lol) and bonding them into a group scares me to death in case it goes wrong. Can anyone help?

Thank you

Emma

I'm also pretty new so wouldn't be much help but maybe try Helen from animal crackers (if you google you can find number) as that's Sheffield based and she works with rescues and pet sits I think
Good luck x

Obviously poor bun isn't in the best place right now, and there isn't an excuse for a rabbit being trapped in it's own filth. But I thought I'd point out that if you were to see my buns right now neither pair has a scrap of food but lots of hay as hay is their food! I feed them once a day and they barely get any probably about an egg cup each or maybe less (well except my conti she gets a small handful since she is a giant) they are healthy happy and hopefully won't need dentals anytime soon!

As for bonding hopefully there is a local rescue who can help. But if not and you need help I could maybe pop over and lend a hand when it comes to the initial meet ect. I am by no means experienced but I have done a fair few bonds and worked in a rescue where I was part of a team that almost constantly had bunnies being bonded and as such have been involved in lots of bonds. Of course this wouldn't be for a while as you would need to wait about 6-8 weeks after spaying and neutering before you can attempt it.

Lauren from Four Little Paws in Rotherham does bonding I think. She has a website ( I usually google it, so I don't know the address). She looks after our four buns when we go away. She's great and really knows her stuff.

awww thanks everyone hugely helpful :) hubby hasn't been to see them today, what with the weather so will let you know what happens....

Back