• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonded to me?

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
hey,

my bunnies Binky and Bella were fighting,and had to be split-we've sorted all of that out now,but Bellas a bit tramutised (sp?) by what happened and i petrified of other rabbits now,she won't even look at one!

Bella has grown very close to me in the past few months,wanting to snuggle with me for ages,playing with me and cleaning with me,she want's to spend every waking moment with me,luckily im based at my house so i can meet her commands:lol:

now this is normal bunny behavior,apart from her wanting to clean every inch of me like im her baby:lol: But i went on a trip the other night,and my mum was telling me she was distraught without me,she was looking for me,sniffing for me and she was barely eating or drinking-i came home the next day and was greeted by Bella,once i was back she was cleaning me,snuggling and playing again and was back to herself.

is it normal for her to miss me this much? Binky doesn't bat an eyelid when im gone,she's happy with anyones attention :lol: but Bella turned all shy and would back away if my mum or brothers tried to touch her,or talk to her-she'd put her ears down aswell,which she does when she feels under threat or scared.

its almost like she'd bonded to me? i don't see why she's so attached? when i first got her,she was so shy-i got her to come out of her shell and now she does this,is it normal? she's the first rabbit that iv'e had thats been like this,and i've had afew:lol:

It does sound like she has bonded with you. As you say, its fine when you can be around but probably a good plan to find her a neutered buck to keep her company for the rest of the time (if you are able to take on another rabbit).

Back