• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lidl is selling Angora products :-(

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
From Monday 2nd December

Angora Long Johns.
Ladies Angora Top.
Ladies knitted Angora gloves.
An Unisex Angora Socks.

Me think's it's time to send Lidl a video :(

VERY good idea. Sooooooo aweful. I cant stop thinking about those poor poor rabbits x

White Stuff also has angora in their knitwear. And I really like White Stuff too, left a message on their facebook page.

:(:(:(:(
People need to see that video..... see if they buy it then
I was absolutley traumatised by it.... couldnt sleep :(
poor poor rabbits

I've posted the video on their facebook page. Even though I haven't watched it. I can't. But they need to know its not acceptable. They don't care though. Someone else posted and they just don't care.

I've posted the video on their facebook page. Even though I haven't watched it. I can't. But they need to know its not acceptable. They don't care though. Someone else posted and they just don't care.

Well done for posting the vid..... and DONT watch it.... ive had nightmares :(

Bombard them with emails!

white stuff deleted my comment.

I think we should all bombard the major high street retailers with question regarding their ethics and the production of their Angora. Ted Baker, Topshop, Lidl and all the major department store who are selling Angora. If we all do it they have to listen (well at least we can try)
I would recommend being civil and asking what their thoughts are on this matter. Any abusive messages will surely be deleted and not taken seriously. Oh and don't be fobbed off with any links with the OiE, it doesn't look like this 'monitor' of animal welfare do anything to help improve the treatment of animals used for fur.

Very sad about White stuff, I won't be shopping there. I think we should all message them again……;)

I can't watch the video, but I don't need to. Very disappointed in all these stores and people need to know what they are buying

From Monday 2nd December

Angora Long Johns.
Ladies Angora Top.
Ladies knitted Angora gloves.
An Unisex Angora Socks.

Me think's it's time to send Lidl a video :(

OK, this is what the RWAF have posted on the Ted Baker FB page, I have copied and pasted onto other retailers FB pages, short and sweet, hope the RWAF don't mind (I will let them know)

Hello ????????, can you confirm if you have any angora products for sale this year? Can you pledge not to support this cruel trade? https://secure.peta.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=5171

Omg iv just stupidly watched this video and now im in tears. Really very disturbing :,( I cant understand humans doing this to a poor animal its disgusting. Im so upset now iv watched it I wish I hadnt. What can be done to stop this trade ?

Sent from my GT-I9505

Omg iv just stupidly watched this video and now im in tears. Really very disturbing :,( I cant understand humans doing this to a poor animal its disgusting. Im so upset now iv watched it I wish I hadnt. What can be done to stop this trade ?

Sent from my GT-I9505

Ok, I have had a quick look and here are just a few of the retailers selling products containing Angora (considering 90% of the worlds Angora comes from china reportedly, then I doubt their production is humane:
  • John Lewis
  • Laura Ashley
  • Debenhams
  • Topshop
  • Ted Baker
  • Lidl
  • ASOS
  • Net-A-Porter
  • White Stuff
  • Marks and Spencers
  • La redoute
  • Phase Eight
  • New Look
  • Whistles
  • Oasis
  • House of Fraser
  • American Apparel

So pretty much almost every high street store. I would recommend writing on their FB /twitter pages and questioning whether they are supporting this extremely cruel trade.

Iv put a thing up on facebook to warn ppl about it. I wont post the vid because it disturbed me so much :( I will contact the suppliera of these jumpers and question them .

Sent from my GT-I9505

posted a comment to White Stuff, I think public awareness is needed here

Note with some retailers they will delete it unless they have a 'posts by others section', You are probably better posting on there 'last post' this way it is less likely to be removed.

Note with some retailers they will delete it unless they have a 'posts by others section', You are probably better posting on there 'last post' this way it is less likely to be removed.

So White Stuff didn't even have the audacity to respond to my question, they have just deleted my comment from there website...

So White Stuff didn't even have the audacity to respond to my question, they have just deleted my comment from there website...

hmmmm White stuff have banned me from posting comments onto their FB page, interesting…..

Back