Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast

Thread: Rabbit Rescue in Toruń, Poland

So nice to see them safe and loved until they find forever homes❤

Default News from The Rabbit Rescue In Torun

Koniczynka has number of problems.Left back leg kneecap is separated from the thighbone.On RTG we can see the thighbone old fracture which led to malformation of the crural bones and radial bone.Left back leg is not broken but because of the condition of the left leg and position that Koniczynka was taking also the right leg is deformed.
    Both back legs with terrible pododermatitis with purulent effusion.The situation is so serious that we are not sure If we will be able to safe one of the back legs.We will try!! Pododermatitis also on the front legs.
    The next serious problem is Koniczynka eyes. In both right and left eye we are dealing with very strong pyoderma of conjunctival sac.In the right eye we can also see the mark after old damage of cornea.
    Her root incisors and also in terrible condition and most likely they need to be removed.She is also having high temperature.We are giving her antibiotics(general and internal) and twice pain medications.Next week we will do the blood test.
    Kocanka is about 2-3 months old girl with asthenic body-frame and also ear mites.She already start taking her medications.In the near future she will be vaccinated and in couple months will be ready to get spayed.
    Gryka got vaccinated yesterday.She is still pretty young but not a baby bunny anymore Her health condition is not that bad.Her body type can suggest that probably she was little bit heavier before.If nothing will happen after we will get her blood test results she will be ready to get spayed in July.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Yesterday Luigi went through the treatment of removing his incisors,two cheek teeth and correction of the rest.That was the first treatment but for sure not the last one.His teeth on the RTG looking terrible.But because this treatment is very invasive we just manage to resolve some of his teeth problems.For now that was the most important part because under the incisors the pus was visible.Luigi pretty hard take that invasive procedure.Also he hate to be force feed.At night he ate one raisin.Not much but always something.From the good news he gain 30 dag.
    Swietlik went through the treatment of removing all of his incisors and also two of the worst looking cheek teeth.The rest of the cheek teeth was corrected because they were hurting his cheeks what cause presence of blood and pus in the oral cavity.The RTG show us that his teeth are in very bad condition.That was also not the last treatment for him but some more are waiting for him in the future.It is still amazing how much he change in just one week being with us.He is our litter fighter!! After yesterday very painful and very invasive procedure he start eating Rodi not even being that stable on his legs.Today he is looking little fatigue but his appetite is great.In just one week he gain 20 dag. and his body temperature is normal.Next weeks we will do some blood test but for now we need to focus to make him even stronger.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

You can tell him: Duszek you are seriously ill,you shouldn't do that and he will do whatever he wants anyway
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mgE...ature=youtu.be

Yesterday evening we got the phone call that the bunny was found in the bushes by the dog.We found the transport in 20 min. and only information we got was that the bunny eye is looking bad.After getting pictures of her we know that the situation is more serious! Unfortunately this is Myxomatosis which most of the time cause 90% mortality.The only chance we have to safe the bunny is start giving interferon (virbagen omega) which is very expensive and hard to get.But at the Rescue we need to be prepared for everything.So when Breva arrived at the Rescue we gave her interferon,antibiotics also
    meloven,furosemidum and Subcutaneous fluids under the skin.She also have problem breathing.The biggest problem right now is very big swelling on her nose connected with pus discharge.Breva wants to eat and drink but immediately
    she start choking. We are not pushing her because right now she needs time and peace...
    From one eye there is a pus discharge another one is already closed because of the very strong swelling.Both legs and anus area having chafe.
    It's not that difficult imagine how Breva life must look like before.Small dirty cage and then dumped like useless trash.It's another example of the abandoned bunny like that in just few days.
    We wanna thank Natalia that you react and contact us.Marta & Błażej thank you for invaluable help.Without you she wouldn't stand a chance.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Mama Doe

Sorry none of your pics are showing.If it's photo bucket they are playing up big time.

I just notice that I need to find another program for my photos

I just notice that I need to find another program for my photos any suggestions which program is good for that ?

Yesterday evening we got the phone call that the bunny was found in the bushes by the dog.We found the transport in 20 min. and only information we got was that the bunny eye is looking bad.After getting pictures of her we know that the situation is more serious! Unfortunately this is Myxomatosis which most of the time cause 90% mortality.The only chance we have to safe the bunny is start giving interferon (virbagen omega) which is very expensive and hard to get.But at the Rescue we need to be prepared for everything.So when Breva arrived at the Rescue we gave her interferon,antibiotics also
    meloven,furosemidum and Subcutaneous fluids under the skin.She also have problem breathing.The biggest problem right now is very big swelling on her nose connected with pus discharge.Breva wants to eat and drink but immediately
    she start choking. We are not pushing her because right now she needs time and peace...
    From one eye there is a pus discharge another one is already closed because of the very strong swelling.Both legs and anus area having chafe.
    It's not that difficult imagine how Breva life must look like before.Small dirty cage and then dumped like useless trash.It's another example of the abandoned bunny like that in just few days.
    We wanna thank Natalia that you react and contact us.Marta & Błażej thank you for invaluable help.Without you she wouldn't stand a chance.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Gryka already forgot what happened to her and now she is more brave.But her ears are totally different story living their own lives You could even gave them separate names She is so adorable!!!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Warning!! Drastic!! Breva health situation didn't change but it also didn't get any worst which is a good news.On Tuesday when she supposed to leave the quarantine unit we decided to check her anus are.Then it turn out that maggots are coming out from her anus.And that was just the beginning.The maggots where also in her fur close to the anus are.We were cleaning her for 2 hours.It was tremendous stress for her but we didn't have a choice.We were even taking a brakes when we saw she started breathing worse.
    But at least I got answer to the question I ask myself why aside from her breathing problems she is washing herself a lot.I even cut little bit of the fur around her nose, under the chin and around her legs.Even thinking that maybe she is pregnant?But those maggots gave me the answer.The moment they start coming out she was feeling enormous discomfort!!!
    After we cleaned her and gave her medication today is a little bit better.She is clean and dry and doesn't feel discomfort anymore.In her life everything change.We're doing everything in our power to help her.For example yesterday she open for the first time her swollen discharging eye.It's not much but for us is a huge accomplishment.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Just wanna to invite you to check our facebook page with latest news about our bunnies sins I need to find the new solution how to add my pictures to the post on Rabbits United
    https://www.facebook.com/rabbits.torun/