• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 2 girls

Fellie

Warren Veteran
It seems we have opened a little mini rescue - our latest addition being Cheyenne who is about 10 weeks old. In August we rescued Bug (another sad story) who we think is now about 5 months.

We already have Bobo and Harley as a pair - and Sheldon and Holly as a pair and we were going to try bonding Bug with one of them but then along came Cheyenne so we will bond her with Bug - we hope.

Anyway - Bug has not yet been spayed and so far has shown very little signs of being a hormonal beast - but we have just got to set a time when either hubby or I can be with her for a few days afterwards.

Cheyenne is obviosly way too young.

We want to bond these 2 ASAP - due to space. 6 buns in a flat -large as it is - is a bit of a squeeze and we need to make sure they all get proper free range time. I know the common advice is to get the two girls neutered first - but I don't think we've got the space to put Cheyenne until then - she is very little still but will grow rapidly - can it still work if we bond them before neutering, getting them neutered together and allow them to recover together?

Not doing anything soon anyway as Cheyenne has the snuffles at the moment - but just thinking ahead.

Anyone had good results from bonding unspayed females? I am very much aware of the risks - just wondering if it HAS been done successfully?

It might be better to try for 2 trios. The newer girls are still young and won't have become too hormonal/dominant yet. Just a thought, not suggesting you wouldn't be able to bond these 2.

It might be better to try for 2 trios. The newer girls are still young and won't have become too hormonal/dominant yet. Just a thought, not suggesting you wouldn't be able to bond these 2.

That is something I am think about as well...just concerned I might end up with 6 single buns - seem to be a few horror stories of pairs breaking up with the introduction of bun number 3. It would be the ideal solution - just not sure - or experienced enough to be confident.

Oh why are buns so complimicated :love:

That is something I am think about as well...just concerned I might end up with 6 single buns - seem to be a few horror stories of pairs breaking up with the introduction of bun number 3. It would be the ideal solution - just not sure - or experienced enough to be confident.

Oh why are buns so complimicated :love:

I really wouldn't try two trios. My f/f/m trio worked brilliantly for 2 weeks and then all hell broke loose, if I hadn't have been there I think they'd have been seriously injured. That's not to say that trios can never work, because obviously they can, but I'd never try it if one or more of the girls was not neutered, it's just asking for trouble.

I know it's hard and such a pain, but I'd be inclined to wait until you can have both girls neutered, it's the best possible way to succeed in bonding them x

Back